News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Poll of The Week

Started by Zackirus, November 24, 2010, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Are Spirits?

Departed Souls
Psy Projections
Other
Don't Know

bugfartboy

I think he's going to be able to use his mind to cause physical damage. Like make the earth underneath you shake. Or a compressed bolt of air to hit you. Or maybe he's secretly the leaders of the Black Rose and has about twenty knives up his left sleeve! That would be cool!

MikeW781

Im calling Light; it just seems appropriate.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Idozen Cair

Nah. I think it's either Mental, healing or other. My best bet is healing.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

I think it will be Heat, because Craig made a portrait for Fire Gate at the time he first created portraits of D'Kah and Cygnus.

Duskling

I also think it is Heat, what with Fernatus mentioning bringing down Yawah's wrath down upon Duvalier and the crew, and since he had Pyro Hail, I'm thinking Cygnus will have Fire Gate.

Idozen Cair

I don't think there would be 2 acolyte bosses of the same affinity.

Duskling: I don't get your idea. Bringing down Yawah's wrath and having Pyro Hail has nothing to do with Cygnus.

I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 08:56:22 AMI don't think there would be 2 acolyte bosses of the same affinity.
The alternate ending showed two portraits of acolytes that weren't Fernatus or Malekahin.  One will have the Cold element, while the other will have the Light element.  I think Prophet will be able to use multiple elements like the Shadowling Queen.  One of these attacks is likely Fire Gate, so I voted Heat.

Idozen Cair

But you didn't state that you think he's multi-affinity earlier, did you? My idea:

1. Cygnus may be a ruthless prophet who has very strong faith in Yawah, but his personality(from what I know)suggests that he's a man of peace, not war. Therefore I don't think he will have such combat-oriented skills or a combat-oriented affinity.

2. If you want to talk about skills, go to the stat guessing, not here.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 11:18:40 AMCygnus may be a ruthless prophet who has very strong faith in Yawah, but his personality(from what I know)suggests that he's a man of peace, not war. Therefore I don't think he will have such combat-oriented skills or a combat-oriented affinity.
*Since it is a video game, I am pretty sure that we would fight Cygnus, because he would be a waste of a character to not be a boss.
*Game mechanics aside, Cygnus doesn't seem that peaceful.  He used the military to get power instead of more peaceful means.  He trains his Acolytes for combat roles instead of just healing.

Idozen Cair

Gah. I'm not saying that we wouldn't fight him. Where did you get that idea?

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 09, 2011, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 08:56:22 AMI don't think there would be 2 acolyte bosses of the same affinity.
The alternate ending showed two portraits of acolytes that weren't Fernatus or Malekahin.  One will have the Cold element, while the other will have the Light element.  I think Prophet will be able to use multiple elements like the Shadowling Queen.  One of these attacks is likely Fire Gate, so I voted Heat.
That makes no sense. If he's going to have attacks like Nelis, why vote heat when you can vote light?
I doesn't care, do I?

Duskling

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 11:20:46 PM
Gah. I'm not saying that we wouldn't fight him. Where did you get that idea?

That makes no sense. If he's going to have attacks like Nelis, why vote heat when you can vote light?
Because, if he is forced to fight, he'll bring down Yawah's wrath, not his enlightenment, which would have probably failed at that point. So, he wouldn't be trying to make you see the light, so to speak, he'd try to make you feel like you are burning in hell for defying his god.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 11:20:46 PMGah. I'm not saying that we wouldn't fight him. Where did you get that idea?
Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 11:18:40 AMTherefore I don't think he will have such combat-oriented skills or a combat-oriented affinity.
I assumed you were saying that we wouldn't fight him, because he doesn't have the ability or "skills" to be in combat.  Either way, your idea doesn't make sense for a video game.

Quote from: Idozen Cair on February 09, 2011, 11:20:46 PM
I said Cygnus "will be able to use multiple elements like the Shadowling Queen" which is different from saying "he's going to have attacks like Nelis".  I do think that they will share Fire Gate, but I don't assume that they were share Holy Blast or the Light Element.

bugfartboy

In all honesty, "Holy Gate" seems like something he would have if he were multiple affinitied. Unless Craig has his own original ideas for Cygnus if he were a boss.

Idozen Cair

Fine then. My turn to question you. Why don't you think he'll be Healing?
[spoiler]Wonder why nobody voted for Shadow?[/spoiler]
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

I don't think the Light, Cold, Shadow, or Heal will or will not be Cygnus's elements.  I don't see any evidence to form an opinion either way.  I voted Heat, because the new Fire Gate protrait was posted on the wiki during the same time Cygnus's portrait was posted. (That may end up being a coincidence.)  I do doubt that Cygnus will have physical attacks, since both Iblis and D'Kah are bosses that already used mostly physical attacks.  I do doubt that Cygnus will have Holy Gate, because I don't see Craig trying to make Cygnus the mirror image of the Shadowling Queen.