News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Where is the father?

Started by SmartyPants, February 20, 2010, 10:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

Then David would've mentioned it to the Main. You would do it if you were David, wouldn't you?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 26, 2010, 02:07:31 AMThen David would've mentioned it to the Main. You would do it if you were David, wouldn't you?
Are you saying that your speculation trumps the fact that the TRPG1 says the father is alive?  Your speculation needs to fit with canon information.  You can't try to change canon information to fit your speculation.

Possible Theories:
*Maybe David didn't mention his parent's death, because he wasn't thinking clearly due to the flood of emotions caused by his reunion with his sibling.
*Maybe the father's death wasn't worth mentioning because it was expected (like terminal illness), while Falstaff death came as a surprise.

Idozen Cair

1. I'm not stating that the father was alive in TRPG1. I am stating that he probably didn't die at the Main's enslavement.
2. Even if the father's death was expected, David would've told the Main. It's just, well... so obvious. Emotional mess could've been traced to expected death too, and David could've been thinking of the father's death (according to your theory).
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 26, 2010, 08:01:43 AM
1. I'm not stating that the father was alive in TRPG1. I am stating that he probably didn't die at the Main's enslavement.
A)Falstaff mentioned the father finding the shadowling camp in TRPG1 (aka he is alive).
B)In TRPG2, David mentioned that Falstaff was the siblings' last relative and that he died.

The Hero's enslavement was between those two events, so the father had to have died during the Hero's enslavement.

Idozen Cair

Then why didn't David tell the Main?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Knowing the father is alive in TRPG1 and the Hero being David's only living family by the end of TRPG2, what do you think happened to the father?

HeadShot

I think:

1)He was murdered/assassinatged
2)Died of Illness (Like Falstgaff)
or 3)Turned into a mindless slave and died

maybe none of them

sorry for all of the gs
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

SmartyPants

Quote from: TheCerzakfan81 on December 26, 2010, 09:57:16 PMI think:
maybe none of them
So you agree that he died somehow during the Hero's enslavement?

Idozen Cair

I think he died when the Main saved David (in TRPG1).
I doesn't care, do I?

Idozen Cair

I mean when he/she was SAVING David. Hey! Anyone of you thought that maybe, just maybe the father didn't die. Perhaps he just disappeared.
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

What about:

1. David and the Main are only half brothers; they have different fathers.
2. Falstaff is the mother's brother.
3. The mother died before the start of the game. So did the main's father.
4. David's father died during the main's enslavement.
4. David didn't mention the death of his father specifically as the main was no relation.

Purely speculation.

HeadShot

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 26, 2010, 10:30:07 PM
Quote from: TheCerzakfan81 on December 26, 2010, 09:57:16 PMI think:
maybe none of them
So you agree that he died somehow during the Hero's enslavement?

Yes
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 27, 2010, 02:35:51 AMAnyone of you thought that maybe, just maybe the father didn't die. Perhaps he just disappeared.
Then David would've mentioned it to the Main. You would do it if you were David, wouldn't you?

Idozen Cair

That was according to your logic, not mine.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 28, 2010, 08:44:45 AMThat was according to your logic, not mine.
Your logic is to disregard canon information, because David didn't yell "Daddy is Dead!"