News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Tastidian's face

Started by Idozen Cair, December 15, 2010, 03:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

Consider that the most significant gender seperation is, quite simply, due to . . . particular . . . organs, and their part in reproduction. Shadowlings don't have organs, so the idea of gender is more or less meaningless. We know the do have genders, due to the queen killing all the shadowling females. Thus, Lala is actually male. But we don't know enough about them to be sure if it is a gender thing, and what differences gender actually make to them.

Mutation is an interesting possibility.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on December 26, 2010, 07:03:46 PMWell, it could well be an injury; no matter how careful or powerful, everyone makes mistakes, and close calls happen to everyone.
I completely agree.  Even Napoleon, Alexander the Great, and Achilles have suffered defeat.

Quote from: Steelfist on December 26, 2010, 07:03:46 PMAs for horns, we don't know nearly enough about shadowlings to be sure; I suspect it's a gender thing, if they have genders.
Offtopic: I think horns are like red hair. It is a rare trait, but not unheard of.

Lets drop the "shadowling reproduction" conversation.  It is offtopic and a little wierd to discuss.

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

Reiji

What if yes it was before he was so careful, not the floating thing but in his training. It never said who his master was so maybe he was beaten nearly to death constantly thus giving him his scar and his need not to take unnecesary risks. Or it could have been at the end of his training (say a test so his master could see if he was strong enough) and he was hit with a powerful attack, quite possibly a secret one it never showed tastidian use and he was the only one to know it after that battle. plus this also adds a chance for a side game that is very small and the guy/girl who makes these awsome games to make something on the side. :-[
Those who challenge are unruly, those who are unruly don't deserve, those who dont deserve may not challenge, those who dont challenge are simpleminded. You cant win in life so mideaswell kick back, enjoy the ride, and sweat the small stuff.
-Ralph C N(made this up just now but its still true)

ArtDrake

The about page on the site might have told you that the creator is Craig Stern.

CraigStern

Quote from: Duckling on January 22, 2011, 06:54:34 PM
The small effort of going to the about page on the site would have told you that the creator is Craig Stern.

There's no need to reprimand him--I'm sure he would have figured it out eventually. Anyway, it's better that we be courteous so that people will feel encouraged to stick around. ;)

ArtDrake

Acknowledged. Post edited to be less obnoxious. Sorry, I'll try to be nicer to newcom-- ... nicer to everyone.  :-[

Reiji

Sory dude... im just that bad with names
Those who challenge are unruly, those who are unruly don't deserve, those who dont deserve may not challenge, those who dont challenge are simpleminded. You cant win in life so mideaswell kick back, enjoy the ride, and sweat the small stuff.
-Ralph C N(made this up just now but its still true)

bugfartboy

Don't feel bad Reiji. During my first week or so here, back in the summer, I called Craig "CygnusStern" instead of "CraigStern". :/ My secret shame.

Getting back on topic, gosh. I can't remember what this topic is about! Must go look up! :)

-Edit

Oh yeah!!! Why does Tastidian have cracks in his face!

I still keep with the idea that he's a powerful warrior who simply got it, meaning that it's a scar here, in battle before he became a favorite of the queen.

Idozen Cair

I still keep with the idea that he has too much power, which caused his head to split.
I doesn't care, do I?

Ertxiem

Quote from: Idozen Cair on April 06, 2011, 06:35:09 AM
I still keep with the idea that he has too much power, which caused his head to split.
That doesn't sound too healthy...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Agreed. A strong leader like Tastidian wouldn't stand for having a physical impediment like that.

Perhaps it's just his sheer power coming out in radiative form, along certain lines in his face in a similar manner to that in which humans have palm lines.

Deagonx

Or Craig just wanted to make him look cool without precieving a before-hand backstory.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern