News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Origin of Nelis

Started by Idozen Cair, December 16, 2010, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

I was playing TRPG2 and again, bumped into question: Where does Nelis come from? How come she has such unimaginable power?
I doesn't care, do I?

Duskling

The Shadowlings would say exactly what anyone religious would: She formed herself out of thin air.

SmartyPants

This a theory based off of nothing: Nelis was originally a regular shadowling who learned the secrets of immortality.  Over a long period of time, she learned to better control her psy powers to the point where no one could challenge her.  She then took over the Shadowlands and declared herself 'Queen'.  The Shadowling Queen rewrote history and outlived anyone who rememebers her mortal beginnings.  By the time of TRPG2, every shadowling believes that Nelis is a god who created the shadowling race.

Idozen Cair

But wouldn't the Shadowlings that remembered Nelis as a mortal tell the next generations about their suspsions?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

She probably waited until her own generation died out by going into hiding to avoid suspicion. Then when her generation died, by either age or premature death, she rose to power as an incredibly powerful Goddess-Like being.

Idozen Cair

I should change the topic to 'Origin of the Shadowlings'. Anyone have an answer?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Simple. Nelis gave birth to the shadowlings. :P

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 19, 2010, 01:16:33 AMBut wouldn't the Shadowlings that remembered Nelis as a mortal tell the next generations about their suspsions?
Hitler had children spy on thier parents.  If the children's parents told them anything anti-nazi, then the SS will show up to shut up the parents.  Governments change history all the time.

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 19, 2010, 08:20:13 AMI should change the topic to 'Origin of the Shadowlings'. Anyone have an answer?
They sprout from magic beans.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 19, 2010, 02:24:50 PM
They sprout from magic beans.

And this picture is a great example: Shadowling Beans

[spoiler=Side Note]No copyright infringement intended. This picture is owned by Lethal Laurie. [/spoiler]
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Bugfartboy on December 19, 2010, 09:00:13 AM
Simple. Nelis gave birth to the shadowlings. :P
Where did Nelis come from then?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on December 19, 2010, 09:00:13 AMSimple. Nelis gave birth to the shadowlings.
I am pretty sure that was a joke, since Shadowboxer hinted that Nelis creating shadowlings is was probably made up.

bugfartboy

It was. I would have said magical beans had I remembered about LethalLauries genius at the moment. Heh heh.

(By the way, how long are you back for, im2smart4u?