News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Luca or Luca'ra'il? (Locked)

Started by SmartyPants, January 06, 2011, 09:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After Mission 4, which personality do you perfer?

Luca
8 (32%)
Luca'ra'il
6 (24%)
I don't know what you are talking about (didn't Pre-Order)
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

SmartyPants

[Warning--this topic contains spoilers! --Craig]

[spoiler]Based on your choices in Mission 4, Luca will keep her personality or think she is the Angel of Yawah, Luca'ra'il.  Which personality do you perfer and why?

Depending on which personality you pick, you may get new attacks:
Luca- Transfer 2
Luca'ra'il- Light Blast[/spoiler]

I started the topic and poll over, because it was full of off-topic spam about how we should pity people who havn't pre-ordered.

HeadShot

Yeah. It really was alot of spam.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on February 06, 2011, 10:12:43 PMThe plan is to give Luca a new attack or two, and which attack(s) she get(s) depend(s) on whether she is Luca or Luca'ra'il.

Zackirus

Based on Nothing:

I think that the attacks might be Cold Attacks (Cryo Blast/Cross) if she becomes Luca'ra'il, and perhaps im2smart4u's Pirouette if she stays as Luca, but he may choose anything.

[spoiler]Offensive ghosts have Cryo attacks so it makes sense.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Quote from: CraigStern on October 08, 2010, 05:06:05 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on September 18, 2010, 12:12:39 PM
Luca
Pirouette-
Luca uses her mysterious powers to rotate her friends or foes 180°.  This would help teammates face thier foes and enemies turn their backs on your friends.
Element: Spirit
Range: 2 Spaces
Cost: 5 Psy Points
Damage: No Damage

Ooh! Nice one. I like it. ;D
[/quote
[/spoiler]

What does everyone think?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

I had the same theory.  Luca will have another support based attack, while Luca'ra'il will have an offensive Cyro attack.

ArtDrake

I think it would probably be Cyro Cross -- it had better be worth alienating everyone in Ravinale.

Zackirus

Even better: it's light blast and possibly light bomb (though it's even more deep than that, you lose Qudssi and miss out on Transfer 2
and possibly juxtapose 2)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Zackirus

Transfer except... Omnidirectional!

Transfer 2:

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXLXO
OXXXO
OOOOO

It is... amazing

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Cost? I hope not eight times Transfer 1...

Even if it were, I'd use it. Sometimes.

SmartyPants

Transfer 2 is one of the coolest looking attacks in the game.  It is very useful too.

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 03, 2010, 03:23:44 PMContribute- Luca has become so skilled at transfering PsP that she can contribute PsP to as much as three teammates at once.
Range: 1 (the 3 spaces infront)
Cost: Psy Power + Contribute Level
Amount Transferred: (Psy Power + Contribute Level)/2
Status Effects: Target's PsP increases

OXXXO
OOLOO
OOOOO

L = Luca
X = Target space
O = uneffected space
Quote from: MikeW781 on August 04, 2010, 10:07:45 AMNot sure about Contribute, it seems uneeded. I never found that I had three people lined up that were out of, or close to being out of, Psp
Quote from: algebra15 on August 04, 2010, 05:02:33 PMIt seems like you're strongly for Contribute, im2smart4u. However, the area of the attack being horizontal doesn't sem right. Also, I never find that I need PsP donation, or that much healing for that matter. I play on Brutal friendly-fire, and I still see no need for it. If you truly profess to be a "good" tactician, maybe you shouldn't need it at all?
Quote from: Omega on August 04, 2010, 01:20:03 PMI agree. I see no need for contribute.
Quote from: Omega on August 05, 2010, 01:52:05 AMAs far as I'm concerned, Im2smart4u is the only one who likes contribute.
I find it funny that when I suggested an Area Attack version of Transfer, nobody liked it, but as soon as Transfer 2 was put in the game, the idea became "amazing".

Zackirus

I never saw the idea (your idea), but I would be for it...

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

With all honesty, I think it's one of those attacks like Backhander that I think are very cool, but I'd never remember it's there when it would be a good time to use it. Probably worth leveling up, though.

bugfartboy

Im2smart4u did suggest it. And it was ultimately rejected.