News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Sonny Difficulty Challenges

Started by Idozen Cair, February 06, 2011, 10:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

Ah-like the Telepath Difficulty Challenges thread KZ started. Feel free to post any of your own.

1. Never change your weapon from start to end (wielding the broken pipe)

2. Using only the abilities given to you at start (not unlocking any more abilities)

3. Solo.
I doesn't care, do I?

MikeW781

The problem is that so little skill or thought is involved in Sonny, worse with sonny 2, that these can only be beaten by grinding.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Kaseke

I think the sonny games already have enought difficulty challenges... like beat the game without grinding on brutal. I don't need to have more of them. Sonny is mostly about tactics and you cannot apply tactics with that kind of playing. You need your team AND skills to beat the game. If you don't find the game challengin enought, try it on a harder difficulty.
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

bugfartboy

Sonny is grinding based IMO. Very little strategy in Sonny 2 also.

Duskling

The two player battles were fun, though, no?

ArtDrake

I really liked trying to beat the Hydra without dealing 2000 damage -- solo.  :-*

Kaseke

There's actually a secret boss that you can only attain by beating the game on hardest difficulty without grinding at all.
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

ArtDrake

Yeah... I know. I haven't even tried to do that. It's not worth the time. By playing against difficult enemies, you have to play on the defensive, and the battles take SO long.

MikeW781

Quote from: Kivatti on February 08, 2011, 03:54:53 PM
There's actually a secret boss that you can only attain by beating the game on hardest difficulty without grinding at all.
Really? How on earth do you kill the bomb without grinding? You have to deal an insane amount of damage in either 30 or 50 turns. I quit on that boss, because all that is is grinding, and I was barely 2/3 of the way there when I lost.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Quote from: Kivatti on February 08, 2011, 03:54:53 PM
You can't play Sonny, or mostly any RPG, without grinding at all, you'll have to train or redo a mission at least once, no matter which RPG you are playing.

Idozen Cair

Seems that most of this forum have a negative response on Sonny, eh?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Yup. Pretty much Grotesquery. It's mostly grinding based and has very kittle stratagem involved.

Idozen Cair

I wonder why Sonny is so significantly popular than Telepath at Armor Ganes? (no offence)
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Because some people like easy grinding based games. It saves them from having to think too much.

CraigStern

Sonny is accessible--it fits neatly with a lot of established, easy-to-pick-up gameplay and story tropes. It's basically a streamlined Final Fantasy with zombies. TRPG is less familiar and more esoteric. It's deeper for those who get into it, but it demands more of the player to reach that point. I'm not at all surprised that Sonny is the more popular of the two.