News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Fading Purple

Started by bugfartboy, March 29, 2011, 07:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Ah! Something that you caught and I overlooked. So perhaps the reason that they fade away to purple is because that is simply their mind "going out", as the Sight isn't really just an overview of everything but rather a continuous feed of information from multiple living creatures in q certain vicinity. Thus, when someone dies, their mind stops feeding information to the hero, effectively saying that they sorta simply cease to exist. That makes sense.

Steelfist

It does, but you, as the player, get a picture. Not just mental information. So that wouldn't work, unfortunately. I like the idea, though.

Xemadus Echina

hmm... i totally overlooked the fact that Dualiver is using the sight to see things, and that what you "see" is what he sees with his mind's eye.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

bugfartboy

Steely, why would the player not see what the hero sees? It makes sense that when someone dies, they vanish for the player, as the hero loses his feed from them.

ArtDrake

And it leaves a mental afterimage!

bugfartboy

Xemadus Echina

the fading purple is the after image.  Also, this entire game makes more sense that you're seeing the world through Dualiver's sight.  Although the one exception is crypt 2.  Since lighting doesn't affect the sight the rotating lights wouldn't really affect his sight.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.