News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Best Debator?

Started by Deagonx, April 15, 2011, 06:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best debator in GD?

im2smart4u
Duskling
Duckling
MikeW781
Deagonx
Holy Namelesskitty
Steelfist

The Holy namelesskitty

after we tell you to stop, please... stop next time
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Stop what?

Let's get back on topic.

Cypher

Indeed. It was entertaining to see im2smart4u was at the top :D. And by the way, I'm back! :-[

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Welcome back Cyper.

GCK: I'd still like to change my vote. Viewpoint are always shifting. Especially those about people. I may, one day, not want you and/or smarts to have my votes.

Deagonx

Quote from: im2smart4u on May 02, 2011, 10:27:26 PM
Quote from: Demon Duck on April 30, 2011, 12:28:47 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 16, 2011, 03:39:47 PMYou guys are all master-debators.
Please tell me thou didst not say what methinks thou didst just say.
I couldn't help myself.   :-[

Oh lord. It took me a while...
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

bugfartboy

Moving on... I'd like to be able to change my votes.

MikeW781

Its impossible for you to add a "allow users to change votes" option to a poll, you need a moderator to do that.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Ertxiem

Someone called me?
If Game Crazy Kid wants, I'll turn on the option to change votes.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Deagonx

Eh, this thread has served its purpose. Despite it being a competitive, and hurtful purpose.

I'd prefer it just be left be. If you do not mind.

bugfartboy

But what if someone's viewpoint changes and they want to change their vote?

Deagonx

Does it really matter?

No one knows who you casted your vote for, and you saying this now implies that you have a different selection even if they did know.

Everyone could have voted for Mike, but that doesn't mean he is a good debator. This is subjective to opinion.

I don't want it changed.

Cypher

Look, no offense, Game Crazy, but we're the voters, and the majority has decided they wish to change their vote. I know it's your topic, but we're the ones voting and I think regardless we have the right to change our votes.
Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on May 07, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Does it really matter?

No one knows who you casted your vote for, and you saying this now implies that you have a different selection even if they did know.

Everyone could have voted for Mike, but that doesn't mean he is a good debator. This is subjective to opinion.

I don't want it changed.
Yes. In a small community such as this one every vote counts.
Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on May 07, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Does it really matter?

I don't want it changed.
Opinions change.
And why such strong aversion of allowing us to change our votes?

Ertxiem

In these forums, it seems that the first poster has the ability to lock a thread. So, the way I see it, the first poster is more or less the "commander" of thread (I couldn't find a better word).

It seems that Game Crazy Kid wanted that the "photo" of the opinions wasn't changed. And since he wishes to be away for a while, I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.

Hence, if Game Crazy Kid don't want that option on, I will not turn it on. Nevertheless, you can make another thread discussing your current opinion, if you really think it's a useful topic to discuss here.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: rainen on June 29, 2011, 11:34:04 PMI'm sorry.  You apparently don't understand the fact that when I posted that stuff about what's happening in 2012, I clearly stated, multiple times, that I don't remember where I saw it, I don't remember if it's all 100% accurate, and well that's pretty much it.

You either choose to ignore the fact that I mentioned that my information may not be accurate, and the source of such information is unknown, (frankly, I find it irrelevant on the grounds that this is a game based forum) or you, like others before you, are just obsessed with constantly throwing out everything I say or do on an intellectual level. In which case I say, welcome back Presentiment.
This is classic example on how not to be the "Best Debator".  If you want to be a good debator, then you are going to want to use facts instead of baseless statements that sound like they might be true.  Even if you feel like you are losing an argument, made sure to avoid childish namecalling and false accusations.