News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wiki Walkthrough

Started by SmartyPants, February 21, 2010, 07:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 08, 2010, 12:05:07 PM
2nd the way i got this is by playing through and recording my steps and no one died.
But not everyone trains their team in the same way.  You could train your swordmen to do 10 damage, while I train the assassin instead.  Your walkthrough will tells me to use the swordsmen to finish off an enemy with 10 health left, but my swordsmen can only do 8 damage, because I trained differently then you.  Your walkthrough only works if player train in the exact same way you did which will almost never happen.

torugo

for the first 6 levels nobody should have trained anything and the mext 3 people have to train mostly the swordsman bowmen and assassin. you have to have the right stats in order for the walkthrough to work
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 08, 2010, 02:12:06 PMmext 3 people have to train mostly the swordsman bowmen and assassin. you have to have the right stats in order for the walkthrough to work
What if someone prefers to boost the strength of Psy Healer and can't cause a finishing blow with their assassin?  People have different styles of playing and the walkthrough should adapt to all types of styles.  A step by step instrutions don't work for every style, so stop doing them.

torugo

there will be a time when you do have to strengthen the psy healer and you do have to train the assassin like the walkthrough says
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

As Craig said much earlier- easy and nice does it.
But really, what you can do, if you have free time, is to create more than one walkthrough for each battle, depending on your preference. As I initially proposed, here I do agree with im2smart4u though- step by step will not work for any of the battles becuase people will use very different set of teammates from the outset, and then train them up in a different fashion. Thus, general guidance points might be useful. However, for those who really struggle, torugo, you can write a step-by-step walkthrough with your team stating their specific stats as a "special case" below the general case- this way folks can simply copy your team and mirror your footsteps, if they're having a great struggle. This, methinks, should satisfy all.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Idozen Cair

Right I have edited the walkthrough of the first 2 battles.
I doesn't care, do I?

Gath

Hey, I noticed no one has posted here for a while, so I hope this isn't considered necro-posting, but in a forum with only five threads in it, it seems pointless to start a new one.

Anyway, I checked out the wiki, and it has good walkthrouughs to some battles, but it is not yet complete. I just finished TRPG2 for the second time, (Academy this time) and as a long-time fan of the series, I'd like to try my hand at writing some walkthroughs.

Idozen Cair

Great! But I...eh....seems to have mistakenly deleted the 'I' battle title in the wiki. If you could repair that, and finish the others, it'd be even GREATER. Thanks!
I doesn't care, do I?

Gath

Alright, I'll get on it then!

bugfartboy

*psst* Don't feel like we're pressuring you into doing it for us... I've made a few grammatical corrections on some pages of the wiki. I've also specified which forum LethalLaurie was on.

Gath

No, that's fine. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot!