News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix that in a moment.

bugfartboy

My day is made. One less thing to work around!

Side note: Turns out that the game will let an attack have a range of <0, but the attack becomes unusable in the process.

bugfartboy

The AI is, quite literally, killer. In some sick twisted way it's kinda fun watching how it can take a mortal god and thrash your team with it. I congratulate you, Craig. It's more difficult to balance things, difficulty wise, than I originally thought.

CraigStern

Heh. I'm glad you think so; I'm always worrying about the inadequacies of the game's AI. :)

bugfartboy

In my honest opinion: at this point the only thing that would make the AI scarier is if it could intelligently use create attacks, which you already said would take quite some time to code.

Any heads up on when specific dialog can be triggered more than once per battle?

~Edit~
On a side note, I'm happy the latest installer version worked for me! It was frustrating not having all the latest bug fixes and features (Namely the fatigue condition).

~Edit: Part 2~
How tricky would it be to add parameters to the OnAttackSelect? A character parameter and an attack parameter?

SmartyPants

Will it be possible to have a win condition be to kill two boss instead of just one?

JeenLeen

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 23, 2013, 09:40:41 PM
In my honest opinion: at this point the only thing that would make the AI scarier is if it could intelligently use create attacks, which you already said would take quite some time to code.

Another thing that's occurred to me is that the Assassin doesn't seem to ever use Leap attacks to extend its movement range or to leap over people to get a full backstab in.

bugfartboy

Quote from: JeenLeen on July 24, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on July 23, 2013, 09:40:41 PM

Another thing that's occurred to me is that the Assassin doesn't seem to ever use Leap attacks to extend its movement range or to leap over people to get a full backstab in.
True! I suppose that would make it even trickier!

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 23, 2013, 09:40:41 PMAny heads up on when specific dialog can be triggered more than once per battle?

Soonish. ;)

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 23, 2013, 09:40:41 PMHow tricky would it be to add parameters to the OnAttackSelect? A character parameter and an attack parameter?

I don't see any reason why that should be too difficult.

Quote from: SmartyPants on July 24, 2013, 08:34:42 AM
Will it be possible to have a win condition be to kill two boss instead of just one?

You know you can do this yourself, right? Here's how you do it: have an OnCharDeath dialog for each of the bosses. In each of the dialogs, use SetVal to count up a variable (say, bossesKilled or something) and then use IfValGoTo (or IfValRun) to trigger a player victory when that variable equals two. Easy peasy!

bugfartboy

I noticed switch (and a pushing block, pitfall, and pressure plate) images in the Objects file... Are those magical intractable battlefield things from the Stretch Goals in our nearish future?

On a side note, is there currently any way to run dialog at the end of a battle, with a way to determine if the player won/lost?

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on July 24, 2013, 07:11:20 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on July 24, 2013, 08:34:42 AMWill it be possible to have a win condition be to kill two boss instead of just one?
You know you can do this yourself, right? Here's how you do it: have an OnCharDeath dialog for each of the bosses. In each of the dialogs, use SetVal to count up a variable (say, bossesKilled or something) and then use IfValGoTo (or IfValRun) to trigger a player victory when that variable equals two. Easy peasy!
Thanks for the help. Now I can have twin bosses.  ;D

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 24, 2013, 07:14:44 PMOn a side note, is there currently any way to run dialog at the end of a battle, with a way to determine if the player won/lost?

Not currently.

bugfartboy

Do you plan on adding a way to load customized images into a campaign, without having to put the images into the installation directory? Object sprites, item sprites, character sprites, etc.

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 25, 2013, 01:03:16 PM
Do you plan on adding a way to load customized images into a campaign, without having to put the images into the installation directory? Object sprites, item sprites, character sprites, etc.

I've thought about it; it's not top priority, though. Is there any reason you don't want to have to stick them in the installation directory?

bugfartboy

Simpler campaign installation, I suppose.