News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The perfect government

Started by Xemadus Echina, June 22, 2011, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

I said governments, not human behavior.  Read before you write, understand before you communicate. 

A scenario like 1910's Russia would not happen in 2011. The uneducated being abused on a large scale would not happen due to many international watch dogs.  The modern world has grown increasingly docile over the years.  That plays a part in my belief as to why this system would work.

Another thing I'd like to point out is almost all of your examples come from war town eras.  Coincidence? Or are you just desperately trying to label me as a moron (oh wait you said "idealist") by comparing my idea to governments that existed while the WORLD was in a fragile state.  The world is becoming increasingly docile.  The middle east and Africa are the last areas in the world that are broken apart by wide spread fighting and revolt.  Problems of the early 1900's just dont happen on a level that causes problems anymore.  Although with the US rapidly falling apart I wouldn't be surprised if WW3 is coming...

Id also like to point out that it's 6.4% of the US thats having food problems.  Considering what's happening, and what's ahead of us, I can already tell you that number is going to be going way higher.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

SmartyPants

Quote from: rainen on June 25, 2011, 02:04:06 AMI said governments, not human behavior.  Read before you write, understand before you communicate.
What do you governments are?  They are not some magical entity.  Government are humans.  Human behavior creates, runs, and changes governments. You are the one who needs to "understand before you communicate".

Quote from: rainen on June 25, 2011, 02:04:06 AMA scenario like 1910's Russia would not happen in 2011. The uneducated being abused on a large scale would not happen due to many international watch dogs.  The modern world has grown increasingly docile over the years.  That plays a part in my belief as to why this system would work.
Are you kidding me!?  China abuses thier uneducated poor all the time.  Internation watch dogs complain about China all the time, but China's government continues to silence critics, demands bribes, and arrest the poor for the sole purpose of turning them into cheap prison labor.

Xemadus Echina

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 28, 2011, 11:02:35 PM
Quote from: rainen on June 25, 2011, 02:04:06 AMI said governments, not human behavior.  Read before you write, understand before you communicate.
What do you governments are?  They are not some magical entity.  Government are humans.  Human behavior creates, runs, and changes governments. You are the one who needs to "understand before you communicate".

Quote from: rainen on June 25, 2011, 02:04:06 AMA scenario like 1910's Russia would not happen in 2011. The uneducated being abused on a large scale would not happen due to many international watch dogs.  The modern world has grown increasingly docile over the years.  That plays a part in my belief as to why this system would work.
Are you kidding me!?  China abuses thier uneducated poor all the time.  Internation watch dogs complain about China all the time, but China's government continues to silence critics, demands bribes, and arrest the poor for the sole purpose of turning them into cheap prison labor.

Ah yes, that's exactly what I think about the government.  It's all fairy tales in magic land.  Tell me, do you honestly think that the people in government run the government based on what's best for humanity? No of course not because what's good for humanity isn't always good for their wallets.  Human nature generally revolves around for what's good for humanity. 

Also, are you honestly using CHINA as an example? Even a moron can tell that China has problems.  All you seem to be doing is using extreme cases to say that this won't work.  The culture of the far east is majorly different from the rest of the world.  You're also forgetting that China is predominantly communist.  You're also forgetting that eastern nations tend to ignore people that aren't born brilliant.  Tell me, name a person from modern day China that was born without any gifts, wasn't born into power, or luxury, or wealth, just some every day person, who worked hard and made it big IN CHINA. 

Oh and before I forget, China basically supplies the world.  The only reason North Korea is still around is because China is backing it.  China basically has free reign and there isn't a thing that anybody can do about it.
im writing a book!
You never know

SmartyPants

Quote from: rainen on June 29, 2011, 12:41:48 AMAh yes, that's exactly what I think about the government.  It's all fairy tales in magic land.  Tell me, do you honestly think that the people in government run the government based on what's best for humanity? No of course not because what's good for humanity isn't always good for their wallets.  Human nature generally revolves around for what's good for humanity.
Your contradictions are confusing.  First, you criticize me for talking about how human history and human behavior effects government, and then you explain how human behavior effects government.

Also, human nature doesn't generally revolve around for what's good for humanity.  The real world isn't a saterday morning cartoon.  Psychologists and socialogist have found that man's priorities in order are himself, family, tribe, race, country, and then humainty as a whole.  Usually someone doesn't care about the rest of the world unless themself and thier family is well off.

Quote from: rainen on June 29, 2011, 12:41:48 AMAlso, are you honestly using CHINA as an example? Even a moron can tell that China has problems.  All you seem to be doing is using extreme cases to say that this won't work.  The culture of the far east is majorly different from the rest of the world.  You're also forgetting that China is predominantly communist.  You're also forgetting that eastern nations tend to ignore people that aren't born brilliant.  Tell me, name a person from modern day China that was born without any gifts, wasn't born into power, or luxury, or wealth, just some every day person, who worked hard and made it big IN CHINA.
I don't see your point.  The elite have power in China and they create laws to prevent the poor, uneducated from having a voice.  There is no sign that your government wouldn't turn out the same way as China.  If you think only the east has problems, then I think you forgot that Cuba is only like three miles from Florida.

Xemadus Echina

this discussion has clearly gone away from how i imagined it.  and due to lack of meaningful involvement, it shall be locked
im writing a book!
You never know