News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Getting the game set up

Started by Sir Bodnaruk, August 12, 2011, 06:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Bodnaruk

Hey Im having trouble even just loading Adobe Air
Whenever I download it I just get an installation on my desktop
When I click it it says something along the lines of "Adobe Air has already been installed"

Could someone post a detailed walkthrough for people who are techno peasants?

I use windows xp

Ertxiem

Here is a rough sketch of how I did it on my XP.

1. I downloaded the Adobe Air installer and installed it. (You seem to have done this already.)
2. I downloaded the TSoG installer and installed it (click on the file and the Adobe Air will pop in and do the rest).

My account has administrative rights, meaning that I can install programs on XP.

If you are still lost, please tell us what happens when you (double) click on the TSoG installer.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Sir Bodnaruk

haha I feel like a complete dumbass but where is the TSoG installer
I cant seem to find it

Ertxiem

Where did you downloaded the file to?
Perhaps under my documents is a folder called "Downloads", or in your Desktop or in the temporary files... You can search your computer for files named"*.air".
If you're in despair, right click the link to download the file again but choose save as and save in a place where you can find it.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Sir Bodnaruk

I have two files from downloading

One is called TSoG Pre Order and the other is Telepath RPG Servants of God

Ertxiem

double click the Pre Order and post what happens.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Sir Bodnaruk

Theres just a read me file that says

[removed]

Ertxiem

OK. Now double click the Telepath RPG Servants of God.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Sir Bodnaruk

Theres a bunch of sound clips and 6 shockwave flash objects called TSoG, mimetype, NewSkillsDisplay, MapEditor, CardGame, and Charviewer.

Theres also two folders called Demo and META-INF

In Demo theres 4 PGN images called Icon and a folder called Manual
Inside Manual theres just a manual for TSoG with instructions on how to play the game

In the META-INF folder
Theres a folder called AIR and an XML Document called signatures

In the AIR folder theres a file called hash and another XML Document called application

Ertxiem

That didn't happen on my XP.
Try right clicking the "Telepath RPG Servants of God" and choose "open with" and choose Adobe Air from the list. Or if it doesn't appear on the list, browse to program files > Adobe Air, or something like that.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Sir Bodnaruk

I cant even find Adobe Air on my list

All I can find is Adobe Air Application Installer

Infact Adobe Air Application Installer is the only Adobe Air thing I see on my computer
When I click the installer it says an error occured and it cant open the file

Ertxiem

I tried to install the game again on an XP machine and everything just worked fine.

I downloaded and installed Adobe Air.

I downloaded "Telepath RPG Servants of God.air" (the icon of the file it's a light brown box with ".air" written on the middle left side). I clicked it and Adobe Air installed the game.

Sorry... I'm afraid I can't help you more...

Edit: You may try to uninstall Adobe Air and install it again, and then try to install the game...
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

Quote from: Sir Bodnaruk on August 12, 2011, 07:22:28 PM
Theres a bunch of sound clips and 6 shockwave flash objects called TSoG, mimetype, NewSkillsDisplay, MapEditor, CardGame, and Charviewer.

Theres also two folders called Demo and META-INF

In Demo theres 4 PGN images called Icon and a folder called Manual
Inside Manual theres just a manual for TSoG with instructions on how to play the game

In the META-INF folder
Theres a folder called AIR and an XML Document called signatures

In the AIR folder theres a file called hash and another XML Document called application

That is exactly what you should see in the folder you installed the gamer to. In other words, it's already been successfully installed. Just run the application. (Assuming you're using Windows, it should have been added to your Start Menu.)