News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Romney vs Gingrich

Started by SmartyPants, September 14, 2011, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you prefer to be the Republican nominee?

Newt Gingrich
0 (0%)
Mitt Romney
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

SmartyPants

Who would you prefer to be the Republican presidential nominee?

FWI, no one cares if you prefer Obama.  Try to stay on topic.

ArtDrake

Perry sounds like less of an idiot.

But then again, if Romney manages to get on the ticket, it'll be easier for the current president to continue to be as such...

I didn't say his name.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 14, 2011, 07:19:40 PMPerry sounds like less of an idiot.
I don't understand what you mean by that.  I have heard dumb comments from Bachmann, Huntsman, and Paul, but I haven't heard anything idiotic from either Perry or Romney.

Quote from: Duckling on September 14, 2011, 07:19:40 PMBut then again, if Romney manages to get on the ticket, it'll be easier for the current president to continue to be as such...
Does that mean you think Romney is less likely to beat Obama in a presidential election then Perry?

ArtDrake

ArtDrake

Okay, I just found out a bit more about Perry.

My mind is changed, and I'm currently betting on Romney for the primaries.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 28, 2011, 09:41:17 PMOkay, I just found out a bit more about Perry.
What is new that you have a problem with? Immigration? Social security? Vaccinations?  Tongue-tied debater?

ArtDrake

For one, he's accusing Romney of being Obama.

SmartyPants

What don't you like about that?  Do you think it is untrue or do you disagree that being Obama is a negative thing?
(To be fair, Obama did say that his health care law is based off of Romneycare.)

ArtDrake

I think that it's untrue, and for a Republican, it's nearly slander.

SmartyPants

Being governor of one of the most liberal states in the America, Romney has similar beilefs and policies as Obama.  Romney's rivals like to point out those similarities because being compared to Obama makes a Republican candidate less popular.  Romney does the same thing when he points out that Obama and Perry have the same beliefs on immigration.

ArtDrake

So... I don't like Perry for the wrong reasons? Irrationally, he seems like a self-centered creep. It's not something you can graph or analyze, but it's there.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on October 02, 2011, 11:16:52 PMSo... I don't like Perry for the wrong reasons?
Frankly, yes.  You shouldn't dislike a politician for acting like a politician.  Perry is better then most politicains because he is willing to defend ideas that are unpopular.  Compare that to Obama who changes his views every time there is a new poll.

Quote from: Duckling on October 02, 2011, 11:16:52 PMIrrationally, he seems like a self-centered creep. It's not something you can graph or analyze, but it's there.
Liberals tend to deeply dislike Perry in the same way that conservatives deeply dislike Obama, so I am not surprised that you dislike Perry's personality without any real reason.

ArtDrake

I might have a real reason, like an objection to some of the things he says, but for now, I can't isolate it.

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on October 03, 2011, 08:33:26 PMPerry is better then most politicains because he is willing to defend ideas that are unpopular.

Surely that isn't enough. Eating babies is an unpopular idea; would it make Perry a superior politician if he defended that?