News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I've got the first shipment of new Castle tiles in from Lorne Whiting. Among other things, we now have lit windows and some nice stained-glass window tiles. You can see those in the attached screenshot below!

Meanwhile, Amazon payments has finally finished processing Kickstarter pledges and released the funds. They are now transferring to my business checking account (5-7 business days; blegh). On the plus side, I now have the backer lists available on KS, so I can start sending out backer rewards! :)

CraigStern

I've just fixed a bug which was causing the game to occasionally glitch out when destructible objects were destroyed. The alpha build has been updated online; feel free to redownload, run and replace! ;)

CraigStern

I've just fixed a bug where the game would default to a 3-second turn timer in local multiplayer matches if you didn't choose another setting. That has now been fixed, and the installers updated online.

Nendrel

Quote from: CraigStern on May 02, 2013, 06:32:56 AM
I've just fixed a bug where the game would default to a 3-second turn timer in local multiplayer matches if you didn't choose another setting. That has now been fixed, and the installers updated online.

That's right, I watched it, but after edit settings i wasn't able to replicate it. Thanks!

CraigStern

Bug fixes!

• the game no longer spawns blank phantom units after characters drown / burn to death in water / lava
  • the game no longer moves "Done" characters when you use Rally
  • in cut scenes, the game no longer treats a character who plays an attack animation as the attacker when a second character subsequently dies (e.g. the game was previously awarding Alvin experience points in the cut scene after the Battle at Dawbry upon the death of the Wounded Bandit)
  • fixed a bug with the SpawnChar dialog script action

The installers have now been updated with the fixes.

CraigStern

Bug fixes!

• fixed a textfield error in the map editor that made it so you could only use hyphens and forward-slashes when naming the speaker (rather than allowing all numbers, letters and symbols other than hyphens and forward-slashes)
  • caught a parser bug that was causing the game to ignore the sixth, seventh and eighth character attacks when characters were given more than five attacks to start with. (In local matches, this caused Engineers to lack Place Charges, Lizardmen to lack Pull and Sprint, Psy Healers to lack Solid State Shield, and Mentalists to lack Feedback.)

The installers have now been updated; update as necessary.

CraigStern

I've just added a hotkey for grabbing items: G. Its absence was annoying me. ;)

CraigStern

I implemented a proper victory splash screen today! It shows the victor's stats and final score for the battle.

Also, I added a new action called BonusPoints that lets you add or subtract points from a player's score for the battle. (Useful for optional objectives!)

The installer has been updated.

CraigStern

The game now allows you to change a character's name or movement type using the SetStat action. To do so, set the StatName parameter to Name or MoveType, then add a fifth parameter onto the end with the new name (with first and last name delimited by a forward slash) or movement type (land or flying).

(NOTE: It doesn't matter what you use for the operation or amount parameters when editing Name or MoveType.)

CraigStern

Updates!

The actions menu now stays open even when characters are not selected, making Undo, End Turn and Rally easily accessible.

There is a new action: NewScene. It has just one parameter: the name of the scene to jump to.

I've also significantly updated the Telepath Tactics manual. (Among other things, it now walks you through the various aspects of modding in new character classes and destructible object classes.)

CraigStern

Another update: the game now remembers your Options Menu settings (music volume, character walk speed, edge panning, etc.) if you close the game and reopen it.

CraigStern

One final improvement: the Actions Menu now has a "Next Character" button. Not a huge deal, but its omission was bugging me.

The installers have been updated; download and update at will. ;)

CraigStern

I've added a new operator to SetVal in Telepath Tactics: r. This generates a random integer between 1 and the chosen number, then makes the variable value equal to that integer. (Basically, it works like rolling a die with however many faces you specify.)

You can then use that variable with IfValGoTo and NewScene to produce randomly generated encounters; you can use it for SetStatByVal to increase character stats a random amount; or you can use it to augment other custom variables with SetValByVal. Lots of possibilities there. ;)

CraigStern

New dialog action: IfValsGoTo.

This is exactly like IfValGoTo, but with one major difference: instead of putting in a numerical amount to compare to the custom variable, you instead put in the name of a second custom variable. The game will compare their values according to the operator you use, then jump to the dialog branch you specify if there's a match.

E.G. Suppose you have a variable called TrainingCost that you've calculated based on a character's stats, and you want to check a second custom variable--Money--against the TrainingCost variable. You'd use an action like this:

IfValsGoTo        TrainingCost,l=,Money,2

(That sends the conversation to branch 2 if TrainingCost is less than or equal to Money.)

CraigStern

I just fixed a bug relating to the Actions Bar. (It was letting characters act when bringing the bar back up after attacking.)

The installers have been updated with all of the changes of the past couple of days; download at will!