News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--fixed a couple of bugs with the implementation of the forward/back and left/right offsets
--added in offsets for all of the blast attacks, Dark Vortex
--added some temporary sound and visual effects for Pyro Hail
--tried adding in camera easing, but couldn't get it working properly in a reasonable amount of time; I may return to this again later

CraigStern

I've been out of commission for the past couple of days due to food poisoning, but I did manage to program the visual effects for Fire Gate into the game! (And in the process, fixed a couple more bugs relating to the x and y offsets for visual effects).

CraigStern

Light Bomb now has its own, totally awesome animation in-game! It's broken into parts, so I can't just attach an animated gif of the whole thing, but I'll record a move soon so you can see it all. For now, here's a gif of the explosion part.

Also: Cryo Cross is done, and boy does it ever look awesome! That's now in-game too. ;)

CraigStern

--grass transitions in the Town and Castle tilesets have been edited to match the newer, more muted color palette of the grass in the Grass tileset.

--created 4 new wood floor-grass transitions for Town that were missing.

--fixed a small graphical glitch in the down-facing walk animation for the female Photokineticist sprite.

CraigStern

--new script actions: AddTag and RemoveTag. Each has two parameters: character name and tag name. AddTag will add the named tag to the named character; RemoveTag will remove it. (For RemoveTag, you can also just use ALL as the tag name parameter if you want to clear all tags from the named character.)

--new script actions: AddTagToArmy and RemoveTagFromArmy. Exactly like AddTag and RemoveTag above, except that the first parameter takes the number of an army on the map instead of a character name, and performs the operation on the entire army.

--you can now use -1 as the team number parameter in the Fatigue condition to set the same starting fatigue level for every army

CraigStern

--created a video showing off Light Bomb!

--gave Douse and Melt to Cryokineticists and Pyrokineticists in multiplayer (skills which counteract the effects of Burning and Frozen statuses, respectively)

--fixed a bug where the cancel button would show up offscreen on zero-range attacks (i.e. Cryo Cross or Big Shield) when they were initiated on the lowest row of the battlefield

--fixed some of the tiles in Adelbrae

--fixed some improper use of tags in the campaign

CraigStern

--fixed and improved the Fire Gate animation

--created new character: Scarlet Etoile the cavalier

--finished up coding the tavern dialog where the player first meets Louise Legerdemain and Madeleine Strongarm

CraigStern

--door shadows are now hidden when the doors are opened and reappear when they are closed

--created a new variation on the pop-up menu for detailed information on destructible objects (the previous window not being large enough to fit everything)

CraigStern

--created a rough draft of a new battle in which you can recruit up to two new characters through in-battle dialog :)

--fixed some bugs that would leave UI elements onscreen when triggering an OnTalk conversation

--fixed a bug where the game would not change a character's team surrounder (colored circle / triangle / other shape) after switching the character's army allegiance

--you can now open up the objectives splash from the Settings menu in battle

--fixed a bug where recruited characters would remain on your team if you quit the battle and then reloaded, allowing you to recruit multiple copies of the same character

CraigStern

--updated the manual with documentation on the RemoveConv and RemoveCurrConv script actions

--improved visual effects for Blinding Cloak

--got Fury working properly

--new, bigger character detail screen now centers onscreen, behaves more like a menu

CraigStern

--improving the look and functionality of the detailed character screen; it now shows the character's attacks
--you can now cycle through all of the characters on a team within the detailed character screen using the mouse wheel

CraigStern

--fixed the long-standing bug where drop-down menus did not resize to match the width of the text they contained
--fixed a bug where the game would simply keep an hourglass cursor if the battle ended during an enemy turn

CraigStern

--fixed a rather nasty bug that was sometimes causing characters to not spawn properly after being placed via Deployment Mode
--added in recruitment dialog for both Lakshmi Bana and Scarlet Etoile
--updated Lakshmi's portrait in-game
--worked out some kinks in the code that lets you switch a character's team mid-battle
--tweaked the properties of the Rubble object

I've updated the early access installers online!

CraigStern

I've added accuracy to the damage preview for attacks. It'll usually be 100%, but this way there won't be any crazy surprises if your character is on ice (or is blinded, or is attacking someone with a dodge percentage, or is using an attack that has base accuracy less than 100%, or...) ;)

CraigStern

Added documentation for DamageChar and DamageCharAt to the manual.

Made it so you get hurt if you wander into the campfire in the Zash and Red battle.