News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hero's Gender

Started by SmartyPants, March 10, 2010, 03:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gender do you see the Hero having?

Male
Female

KZ

That certainly would be an unexpected twist! :) But that could be too much extra to add on.

Well, given that they are religious zealots, chances are they'll be conservative in many different ways, I suspect!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Methinks the hero is a transvestite. 

GOD

cx

* cx thinks Hero is male

Brother at Academy states so and also Guy et co.

Bromtaghon

Nope, all the dialogue does not imply the Hero to be of either gender.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

cx

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 08, 2010, 06:03:27 PM
Nope, all the dialogue does not imply the Hero to be of either gender.

Still I say Hero is male since I really doubt Shadowlings would have taken female to their army.

Barzul

It actually works the other way. The shadowlings see no distinctions in humans, they are all equally inferior. So why would it matter that the main could be female?

SmartyPants

Quote from: cx on June 09, 2010, 01:40:40 PM
Still I say Hero is male since I really doubt Shadowlings would have taken female to their army.
Anya and Helena were put on the Hero's team, while the Hero's team is part of the Shadowling Empire's Military.

Quote from: Barzul on June 09, 2010, 03:15:06 PM
It actually works the other way. The shadowlings see no distinctions in humans, they are all equally inferior. So why would it matter that the main could be female?
I could see shadowlings having a difficult time distinguishing genders, since Malis thought Set was half-shadowling.

cx

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 10, 2010, 10:11:34 AM
Anya and Helena were put on the Hero's team, while the Hero's team is part of the Shadowling Empire's Military.

by hero's request and not exactly put, they just joined during missions.

SmartyPants

Quote from: cx on June 10, 2010, 12:49:51 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 10, 2010, 10:11:34 AM
by hero's request and not exactly put, they just joined during missions.
So you admit that the Shadowling Empire allowed females to join the military, so therefore it is possible for the Main to be female.

Duskling

There isn't much to draw information from. Although I'd say the hero is male, I mean, there are very few to no feminine choices in conversation, I' am wrong of course, seeing as how some women would sometimes act as men would, but that's not the case here, is it?

Barzul

Are there many overly masculine responses? I think its quite balanced.

Duskling

That may be the case, but there aren't any of the generic "gentel" feminine lines for the Hero.

DarkGhostMatt

Although most people on this poll comment think that the Hero is a male, I think that it is a female. The first chapter dropped quite a few hints (Clothing, talking, et cetera), and I don't see anything wrong in TRPG2 about the hero being female.

Bromtaghon

Welcome to the forums, DarkGhostMatt!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!
The Hero can be either.  I saw it as a male because I'm male (I think).  As for the clothing, you can't see it very well.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.