News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Oh. Scrolls? Okay. I wasn't sure what Mojang did that you were taking about.

Zackirus

So, other than Mind Shock. what else is in the "Big Update"?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Well, let's see. Crypt 3 will be completed, for one thing. For another, the Map Editor will have an awesome new look consistent with the rest of the game. I'm also hoping to start adding some voice-overs to the game, but we'll see if I end up with enough time for that.

Also, did I mention that Mac and Linux users will be able to play the downloadable version of the game? Kind of a big deal. :P

Deagonx

I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

CraigStern

For now: download the latest version and install over the previous one.

Deagonx

Will your game saves remain in-tact?

CraigStern

Yes, but it's possible that you might need to transfer them to a new folder afterwards.

bugfartboy

I thought you didn't like di rolls, Craig...?

CraigStern

I like them; I just prefer that they be kept to a minimum. (Snake Eyes, if you recall, was another TRPG attack that used die rolls.)

I think a die roll is justified in the case of Mind Shock because because of how powerful it would be to able to reliably sideline an enemy for turns on end. Of course, if you manage to reach level 6 in Mind Shock, you'll have a 100% chance of success, but I figure that'll probably happen (if at all) pretty late in the game when you'll need all the help you can get.

Duskling

Can you talk the the Nut Merchant in the Online Demo?

CraigStern

I believe that is a special privilege reserved for those who have purchased the game.

Duskling

Would you say that one episode there is worth the $20 by itself?

CraigStern

Uh, probably not. It's pretty amusing though. ;)

Deagonx

[spoiler]Touch my nuts, you can FEEL the freshness!

NO![/spoiler]

Idozen Cair

Craig, a friend of mine is planning on opening a website for selling handicrafts, and I just wanted to ask you if you have any tips on how to make yourself heard in the World Wide Web?
I doesn't care, do I?