News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 20, 2012, 09:42:59 PMStuff about Super Smash Bros.

I've played both Brawl and Melee. My favorite Melee character was Link; he was nerfed beyond repair in Brawl, however. I don't know that I have a single go-to character in Brawl at the moment, but I'm awfully fond of Ike.

Mostly, I liked the one-off versus battles. Story mode didn't really do much for me in either game, but I suffered through them for the sake of unlocking characters.

Zackirus

Why did you remove the prison battle scenes and make training available before the ghost cellar, if I might ask?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

TheWanderingShadow

Who provided the voice for Tastidian?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

I did that myself. :)

Quote from: Zackirus on April 22, 2012, 02:40:17 PM
Why did you remove the prison battle scenes and make training available before the ghost cellar, if I might ask?

I'd been getting a lot of feedback to the effect of "the game is too restrictive and hand-holdy for too long," so I decided to shorten the intro sequence and provide the option to remove all in-game tutorials so the player can get right to the "explore freely and learn new attacks" part of the game faster.

ArtDrake

As a kid in school, did humanities or sciences interest you more?

bugfartboy

How long have you been with Indie City Games?

CraigStern

I first got involved with them in 2010; they put me on the board sometime in early September 2010, I believe.

Quote from: Duckling on April 24, 2012, 10:55:06 PM
As a kid in school, did humanities or sciences interest you more?

Humanities.

ArtDrake

What's the framerate on the videos you put on your playthrough channel?

CraigStern

I am pretty sure they're 30 frames per second, 1280 x 1024. (I could have gone higher quality, but the upload times would have been obscene.)

ArtDrake

Sheeesh. I only manage 10 fps, 720p, and my most recent upload took over six hours.

aziz

Will the game after TT will be the same like it i mean with 3d capabilities (Not viewing only the heads)?

Duskling

The remakes of TRPG1 and 2 will be free, though, right? *hopeful face*

CraigStern

Quote from: aziz on May 05, 2012, 10:48:03 AM
Will the game after TT will be the same like it i mean with 3d capabilities (Not viewing only the heads)?

Yes; I'm going to reuse the TT engine for the games that come after it.

Quote from: Duskling on May 05, 2012, 01:44:07 PM
The remakes of TRPG1 and 2 will be free, though, right? *hopeful face*

I'm not even sure if I'm making them! At this point, it's impossible to say.

Zackirus

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/9506-Mass-Effect-3-Ending-Controversy

What are you're thoughts (as a game devoloper) on a company that is going to change their ending, or, at least explain it, after they have finished it.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Well, that depends. I haven't played the Mass Effect series yet, so I can't comment specifically on the changes they're making to Mass Effect 3's ending. In general, though, I'll just say that games are iterative, and most areas of a game's design are subject to improvement based on player critique. Obviously, changing a good ending to satisfy the complaints of people who don't understand it is bad; however, by the same token, it's good to change a bad ending when the player base rightly recognizes that it's incoherent and unsatisfying.