News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Which species do you like better?

Started by Duskling, June 22, 2010, 12:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which species do you like better?

Shadowling
Spriggat

Duskling

Here's where we discuss which species is better liked, Shadowlings or Spriggats, and why.

I voted Spriggats because they are superior in every way to Shadowlings, strength, affinities, etc.

P.S. No, I can't change my name to a Spriggat name since I' am better know as "Duskling," than I ever will be with any other name.

Slstoev

I vote for Shadowlings because although the Spriggats are better the Shadowlings are more mysterious.
Who I am is not important, my message is.

Duskling

Hello Slstoev, welcom to the forums, follow the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, and enjoy your stay! :)

Bromtaghon

I pick the Spriggats because they actually fly, not float, the race is not limited to a single affinity, and Spriggats don't eat us.
Did anyone else first think of Calvin & Hobbes when they first saw the Spriggat Assassins?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

fourinone

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 09:48:52 AM
Did anyone else first think of Calvin & Hobbes when they first saw the Spriggat Assassins?

Actually, I think they are named after European philosophers John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes, after whom the characters of Calvin & Hobbes are also named. If I remember correctly, the third assassin is named Rousseau, after another European philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau.

Bromtaghon

Yes, they are- in fact all Spriggats are named after philosophers- but that's what jumped into my mind at first.

lentro

I pick shadowlings since they are more comples of a society, were winning the war against the spriggats ( before you came along and before they sided with the academy) plus, based off of TRPG2 they can do vortex and shadowblast and mindblast and shadowport and mind shield and mega sheild and big sheild... And all spriggats can do is 3 elemental attacks and heal. Shadowlings have more variety than spriggates. Plus shadowlings look cooler even though they have less details.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

fourinone

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 01:58:58 PM
Yes, they are- in fact all Spriggats are named after philosophers-
Oh, I guess I never realized this, haha. Which philosopher is Cerzak named after, then?

Zackirus

I personally like shadowlings better as I find shadow attacks (non-Dark breath) to be way better than Cryo and Pyro attacks. As it has been said before they have more diversity of attacks than spriggats. I also think they do look cooler.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steelfist

Spriggats, although I base this opinion on the simple fact they look really, really, cool.

Bromtaghon

Quote from: fourinone on June 22, 2010, 02:09:39 PM
Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 01:58:58 PM
Yes, they are- in fact all Spriggats are named after philosophers-
Oh, I guess I never realized this, haha. Which philosopher is Cerzak named after, then?
Actually, he might not- his TRPG Wiki page is the first thing that shows up if you google Cerzak.

Dorgon 5000

I like spriggats more, because they are so much more imposing than shadowlings. I donĀ“t know why, but they definatly are.

MikeW781

Quote from: fourinone on June 22, 2010, 01:57:08 PM
Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 22, 2010, 09:48:52 AM

Actually, I think they are named after European philosophers John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes, after whom the characters of Calvin & Hobbes are also named. If I remember correctly, the third assassin is named Rousseau, after another European philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
I believe John Locke is one of the names, not John Calvin. It always suprised me that Craig used the names of philosophers for the assassins names, when all the other names are original (at least, to me)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Kindle

I think it was Locke, Hobbs, and Rousseau.

And I prefer Shadowlings, really. They're very interesting, and they're not just the standard 'bad guy' race that you usually see in games.

MikeW781

^^ It is. But they come from the philosophers John Locke, Thomas Hobbes, and Jean-Jaques Rousseau.^^
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!