News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hero Name Change

Started by Tastidian, July 05, 2010, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should you be able to change the name of the hero?

Hell Yes!
Yes
Maybe
Hell No!
No

Tastidian

Every time the voice comes up with the name it would have to be computer I'd rather read the dialog.

Bromtaghon

Well, I'm sure CraigStern has something magical involving unicorns for the voice acting and chooseable name system, depending on how it works changeable name may be possible.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

Instead of calling you by your First name: people can adress you as Duvalier and that's it
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

I guess that might work...

Duskling

But what about Griffin? He's one of your closest friends.

Xemadus Echina

if you did the name change then just make it so that your first or last name is set in stone and then you can change the other name to whatever you want.  or just make it so after the name change everyone calls you Mr. X or just X.  It could work very easily from my perspective.  Now granted almost everything is easier to say then do or else I would already be a billionaire of off the stock market :)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Why I think that "Mr. X" idea wouldn't work: a) Parents wouldn't name their child "X" or "Mr. X" b) If they did, the child would make up a name of his/her own for friends to call him/her c) If it were just to keep their name a mystery, the child would probably still reveal his/her name to his/her closest friend.

Tastidian

Either Craig can make a name up so you can't do a name. Hey that gave me another idea to insert a cheat at the beginning you need to press some key combination like 657 or SD for the password for the cheats.

MikeW781

Some people get called by their last name. Getting called Duvalier in the voice acting would work fine. Some of my friends call me by my last name, and I know its not uncommon.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

when i said X i meant a variable, not a name.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

So then they call you "Mr. Variable?" :D

KZ

Quote from: PinkPanzer on July 09, 2010, 12:32:48 AM
Every time the voice comes up with the name it would have to be computer I'd rather read the dialog.
Craig already addressed the issue of players having different first names for Duvalier- he mentioned that this part will be glossed over in the dialogue and people will call him Duvalier (then again, he can always make up stand-in words, depending on who is talking to Duvalier- like "sonny", "boy", etc).

In any case, it will be a neat addition to the game, even if the primary aspect is to get a "proper" name when using a cheat.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

Arman should call him 'kid' as much as possible.

If people want to change names from a cheat to a proper name, that's fine with me.  Since there's no TRPG PvP, it really doesn't affect anyone else (except it makes walkthroughs easier, etc)

Tastidian

You know i'm not saying voice acting is bad I love the idea and usually helps the dialog to move faster (depending on how fast you read). But some dialog you just have to read so you can use your imagination. But games where dialog is going on while your fighting especially ones where you have to be alert and pressing buttons constantly you need voice acting.