News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Leader Boards

Started by Tastidian, July 05, 2010, 11:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it would be nice to see whose the best?

Yes
No
Maybe
I love this idea
I hate this idea

Tastidian

I also came up with this idea with the hero name change thing. I played a lot  games and ones with leader boards made it more interesting so heres my idea.

Duskling

This idea may provoke some unpleasant chatter around here...

Zhampir

How would a leader board work? Because there is no really "gauging" of ability available.. unless we had leaderboards for enemy kills and Amount of turns used to complete the game, the lowest level of game completion(defined by difficulty) and so on. but a generic (simple) leaderboard, I think, would be too much of a hassle to incorporate

Tastidian

Quoteunless we had leader boards for enemy kills....

That was my idea. Also a filter so cheaters aren't alowed.

MikeW781

Sounds cool, but after a certain amount of grinding, the game becomes too easy. An idea would be to go by-level, but then people would grind and train their team instead of the main.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

I don't see a point in this, to be honest. It's really difficult to make direct comparisons, even on stats like number of teammates and enemies killed- after all, one could be killing Bandits and re-loading the game before it saves after a defeat, whilst another could be honestly battling away with Dark Spriggats and Shadow Guardians.

This seems more applicable to TPA2, rather than TSoG- here there is so much more relevant to the story, than just pure "action", that action isn't really the essence of the game, which is usually required for games with leaderboards, or clear time/collect-item puzzle solvers.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

I don't understand how scoring would work.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Tastidian

You can score many different ways by kills, shortest time to complete a mission, hey what about richest player.

Bromtaghon

1. Grinding.
2. Then he'd need a game clock.
3. Grinding.

SmartyPants

Leader Boards seem silly.  Games like Pacman have leader boards, because the point of the game is to get the highest score.  The goal of TSoG is to complete the story, so the highest score doesn't really matter.

Tastidian

How about shortest time done for the last mission or something. Or most earned gold.

Tastidian

Your entitled to your opinion.

Zackirus

They only ways I could see this possible is for two things. First, you have a timed run-through TSoG for each player. The player who beats the game first wins. Or you could have sort of the dueling option of Telepath RPG2, where two teams decide battle it out. Those leave no room for any variables such as grinding and cheats because they are the core elements of the games themselves.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

Quote from: PinkPanzer on July 09, 2010, 08:50:12 PM
How about shortest time done for the last mission or something. Or most earned gold.
1. Grinding
2. Grinding

I really don't see how a leaderboard could work.