News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Where is the father?

Started by SmartyPants, February 20, 2010, 10:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

In TRPG1 Falstaff mentions that David "was able to warn your father that he was being taken west".  This is the only mention of Hero/David's father until David tells the Hero that they are the only ones left after Falstaff died.  This implies that the parents have died.

KZ

Very good question that. Unless CraigStern tells us, or we find mmore info, the most probable outcome is that the Main's father died during the 4 years of the Main's enslavement. As to the mother, there is even less information about her: was she even alive when TRPG1 started off? Also, is Unlce Falstaff the father's or the mother's brother?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I'd take a guess and say the Father's brother.

Frosty

I remain undecided, what are your reasons behind saying that Zhamphir.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zhampir

Simply because the mother is not mentioned.

Frosty

But that means nothing, because she isn't mentioned doesn't mean she doesn't have some unknown role. so basically we may never know.

Frosty

What does that have to do with anything?

SmartyPants

If the Nameless One is David/Main, then it could be possible that we learn their parrents' fate.  The Nameless One already mention how he wish he could have saved his parents.

KZ

Indeed, the mention of parents makes David a likely suspect, especially since he probably was there when the father died, whilst the Main was serving Tastidian.

I did have a passing thought that Cygnus could be David, as David, apparently, has very powerful scanning abilities and, potentially, can get into other people's minds and influence them.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

it is highly possible that david is the nameless one its less likely that it would be you because you were enslaved when your family died and didnt have any clue about it until the last minute
mock the pheonix you will burn

Tastidian

Hmm... This could turn into a very interesting piece of the story.

KZ

Naturally. But there is a very big question as to whether this will come up in TSoG, or remain unsolved. However, given the hints that TSoG Hero comes from the North, I wouldn't be very surprised if we find out that he is related to the Main. And through that we might find out more about the Main's family towards the end of TSoG.
Welcome to the forums!

Idozen Cair

Quote from: KZ on February 22, 2010, 05:46:59 AM
Very good question that. Unless CraigStern tells us, or we find mmore info, the most probable outcome is that the Main's father died during the 4 years of the Main's enslavement. As to the mother, there is even less information about her: was she even alive when TRPG1 started off? Also, is Unlce Falstaff the father's or the mother's brother?
But if they David and Main were the only ones left after Falstaff died, that means that their parents died before Falstaff, so I think it's unlikely that the parents dies during Main's enslavement, otherwise David would've mentioned.
I doesn't care, do I?

HeadShot

But if they David and Main were the only ones left after Falstaff died, that means that their parents died before Falstaff, so I think it's unlikely that the parents dies during Main's enslavement, otherwise David would've mentioned.
[/quote]

Yeah, your probbaly right. ::)
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

SmartyPants

Quote from: TheCerzakfan81 on December 25, 2010, 05:08:34 PMBut if they David and Main were the only ones left after Falstaff died, that means that their parents died before Falstaff, so I think it's unlikely that the parents dies during Main's enslavement, otherwise David would've mentioned.

Yeah, your probbaly right. ::)
The father found the shadowling camp in TRPG1, so he had to have died during the Hero's enslavement.