News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Easy money

Started by Steelfist, February 07, 2010, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

On a gold-time ratio, I've found Spriggat assassins to be the best.

lentro

If I may suggest, my favorite way to get a lot of money is by getting a spin saw (just battle patrols in the deeper downs) and then sell them to flavin, if you dont know who he is i would guess the bottom right tent (my memory is a little hazy of which tent).
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

MikeW781

that does work, but it takes a little longer, and only has a 1000 gold reward. i think spriggat assasin is best
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

lentro

But say you don't have 30 psy yet, that would be a good way to get the money to train up until you have power to open the chest. And besides, i only get 657 gold from the spriggat assasin battle, when you get a thousand gold from battleing to bronze golems for the saw blades, which you almost always get one after each battle.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

MikeW781

Quote from: lentro on June 19, 2010, 02:07:08 PM
But say you don't have 30 psy yet, that would be a good way to get the money to train up until you have power to open the chest.
Thats correct. But if you leave an energy golem alive, you get a lot more money.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

lentro, you don't 'almost always get one' the chances are 1/6 for 3 golems and 1/8 for 2 golems- which accounts for NOT getting a saw 83-87% of the time.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Well I've heard Craigstern say that but I'm not going by the percentages, I'm going by my experiances, and every time I battle a patrol (when i dont have a spin saw with me), I have always gotten one. they are fairly easy to get so long as you head to the first golem patrol that you see. or thats how i do it.

Bromtaghon

Well, that's called being lucky.

lentro

I don't believe in luck, I'm more of a karma kind of person.

Duskling

Quote from: lentro on June 20, 2010, 11:23:51 AM
Those things aren't mutually exclusive...

Zackirus

Quote from: lentro on June 20, 2010, 11:23:51 AM

Karma, luck or whatever thing you believe in doesn't change the fact that something happened and you need to deal with it
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

The point is CraigStern did not intend for us to always get one.  If lentro doesn't believe he got lucky, then the only way to prove it is for CraigStern to show us the code.  And quite frankly, he's too busy programming TSoG to do that. 

As for the completely off-topic karma vs. luck argument, I believe in both.  Ish.

Before getting 30 Psy Power, I usually train on the Mechanic battles, seeing as I rarely get a Spin Saw.

lentro

Sorry I went off topic, I just get annoyed about people who call probability and stuff like that luck. Luck is a non-scientific factor that people made up to solve things they don't understand, if you can't prove it, I don't believe it. Anyways, in my opinion the mechanics battling doesn't give that much money.

Bromtaghon

How is computer programming non-scientific? You think it's programmed so it gives out a saw if it likes you? No.  There's obviously some math to it.  And it can be proved, it just won't unless CraigStern decides to prove it for us.  He said so himself, that's good enough for me.
Aside from the Bronze Golem battle, which doesn't pay much, with the somewhat debatable Spin Saw chances, the Mechanics are the ONLY repeatable battle until you get 30 Psy Power, aren't they?
Also, with the Spin Saw, you have to return to Somnus every time to sell them, since you can't have more than one.  With the Mechanic Battling you can just grind away.

lentro

I wasn't saying math was non scientific, I was saying luck was. Last I checked, it was impossible to prove that luck had anything to with my life or anyone elses, I lived without it and I can still do so. I'll edit the post to make it more clarifing.
And this is a topic for easy ways to make money isn't it? I'm just posting what I did, theres no need to argue about everything is there?