News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nameless One

Started by Zhampir, February 21, 2010, 01:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Who is the trainer really? Is he the old hero, an ex psy student, an old hermit from the mountains?

Post your ideals about this unique character here!

hellboy222

there was some speculation on the old forum that he's the hero from trpg2.

KZ

Yep, there were several speculative threads, with the most popular ideas being that the Nameless One is either the Main or David. Other probable candidates were the tutors or dean of the Psy Academy, as well as Guy.  What we all agreed on was that the Nameless One is an old, male human. And he was seen by us in TRPG2, as mentioned by CraigStern.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

yeah but didn't we decide that it couldn't be the dean because he was already old at the end of the old one so he'd be dead by now.

Frosty

Thing is, the Main in TRPG 1&2 is never specifyed as a male or female at all.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Kaseke

Methinks, that if The Nameless One is one of the two brothers, it'd more likely be David. And Noctus said that he is doing an important task... I'm sure that it's linked controlling others mind somehow. (Referring to the rescue of parents, where he distracted the guards.)
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

Alan

Nameless one makes sense as the hero from TRPG 2 since if I recall correctly (been a while) the hero then was player-named also, so since TRPGSOG can't access the player-given name of the hero from TRPG 2, he has to be nameless to ensure continuity (the hero can't have some determined name, since the players get to name him/her)- of course, it still could be David or someone we don't know, part of his being nameless is probably suspense... I'm sure we'll find out at some point in the story (although it would make the most sense if it was some character from TRPG 2)

Frosty

But my earlier post can sort of disprove the fact that it could be the Main from TRPG1 or 2.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Frosty on February 22, 2010, 06:34:23 PM
Thing is, the Main in TRPG 1&2 is never specifyed as a male or female at all.
The Nameless One has also never been specifyed as a male or female.

Alan

right, the no name, undefined gender both add up... plus he/she may have aged (the nameless one looks fairly old, although its hard to tell with the hood) although it would help if we knew how long its been since the shadow war/events of tprpg 2) but from what i can gather the new shadowling government has been around for a while...  so any of the younger characters from tprpg 2 could have aged and still be around (although who knows the typical human lifespan in this world)

KZ

It seems that several decades has passed. We also don't know the effect of Psy powers on longevity of human life, for instance- more powerful Psys may, potentially, live longer. From what CraigStern mentioned earlier, it will be someone we've met before, but that doesn't mean it will be someone very prominent.
The fact that he is the Nameless One may support the genderless Hero with no name, but then he is defined as a he in TSoG (the old coger) and lack of name may, as said above, be simply to add suspense. It seems like we'll find out at the end of TSoG (would be logical). The part about parents may be indicative of it being David, since the Main wasn't around when Unlce Falstaff and, presumably, the father of the Main passed away, whilst David migh've been. (The father is mentioned in TRPG1 and in TRPG2 David says that there is no one left, but them- David and the Main.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

As usual KZ brings up solid points, I hope it's not the main simply because I like the mystery that the end of trpg 2 gave, maybe I'm just a freak.

Gad Gad Gad

i was just thinking it wouldn't be called UNCLE Falstaff if it was the Mains Father

KZ

Cheers, hellboy222, though to be fair, I've summed up several pages of discussions from the old forums, with points made by other users as well. ;)

Gad Gad Gad: I think everyone naturally assumes that Uncle Falstaff is the Main's Uncle, and not his father, especially since Uncle Falstaff mentions the Main's father in the first place (when he tells the Main that David was kidnapped by Shadowlings).
Welcome to the forums!

thesaint

I don't think it can be david because didn't Baz say the Nameless one was a soldier form the shadow wars, and David never fought.