News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Was it right for Guy and Anya to leave the main?

Started by lentro, June 22, 2010, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Guy and Anya did the right thing leaving?

Yes
No
I did the nelis battle
Maybe

lentro

I voted no because they spent years looking for him, then they find him and find out what he plans to do, then leave and disappear forever.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

I 'did the Nelis battle' but I would have voted yes: I mean, they were his friends, but by leaving they lowered his chances of him/her destroying their school, their friends, their home, and practically everything important to them.  Of course, the right thing to do would be try to talk him/her out of it, then pretend to stay and kill him/her while (s)he was sleeping.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

basically what your saying is, you would pretend to stay with you brother/sister and kill them while they slept? I think thats what they thought of each other, like Shadowboxer and Darkling.i would stay with my sister even if she became a lunatic trying to kill me.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

I don't know... if my sister turned on me, my family, my friends (though I have none), my school, and even my race to a certain extent, I think I'd rather stop her then just go along with it.

lentro

Well you were waised differently, my sister is 17, clearly older than me, and i know I'm dependant on her, if she died, I'm pretty sure I would suicide or go insane, but Anya and Guy didn't, they merely 'disappeared'.

Bromtaghon

Good point.  The Main wasn't worth everything to Guy and Anya.  In the end, they valued the human race, the Psy Academy, and their friends more than a single person.  Of course, if it had been someone like David, who had no other family to turn to, he may have sided with the Main and destroyed the Psy Academy.

KZ

Look at it that way: the Main who goes to attack the Psy Academy is effectively betraying his own species, is likely to have killed Grotius and his Dad and became quite the cold-blooded killer. Actually, Guy and Anya seem to have chosen the "best" moral choice- the Main was their friend for many years, but they were unable to dissuade the Main from joining Shadowlings, so instead of aiding the Main in that task, or killing their former best friend, they probably chose the mentally easiest way of going into hiding. Many people have a weak spot for those who are very close to them, be they best childhood friends or close relatives, and even if the latter "go bad", many would have trouble with making the "right" choice. Thus, I can't really blame Anya and Guy for simply running away, instead of either helping the Main to subdue humanity or kill their former best friend (especially if one takes into account that the said friend was under unhealthy influence of the Slave Bracelet for quite some time).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

lentro

Once again KZ, you seem to have a way with words. I think after reading what you posted makes me want to laugh at Guy and Anya, It's obvious that the "good" choice was to side with the main, but the "right" choice was to disappear, or thats what you seem to be hinting, tell me if I'm wrong. I would have chosen the "good" choice in that matter but I wouold prefer to reword that to "better" choice since i don't believe in good or bad, those are just how you veiw things, when it is easy to reword it to something else. Anyways, maybe they did the right thing, but now after reading the ending stories, you can tell it forced them into hiding for the rest of their lives.

Bromtaghon

The 'good' thing depends on who it's good for: the Main (stay with him/her), the fate of Cera Bella (kill the Main or leave), the Shadowling Queen (stay with the Main), themselves (leave), etcetera, etcetera.  Same goes with teh better choice.

Steelfist

Personally, I suspect I would value my race over single person, even a friend. Maybe that's just me, though.

SmartyPants

Quote from: lentro on June 22, 2010, 01:35:23 PM
I voted no because they spent years looking for him, then they find him and find out what he plans to do, then leave and disappear forever.
When the Main chose to destroy the Academy, Guy and Anya realized that the friend they knew in TRPG1 is gone.  They prefered to leave him to follow his own evil path.  Like them, I would be unable to fight my old friend, but I also wouldn't destroy my home.