News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Forum Ranks: The Official Guide

Started by CraigStern, February 03, 2010, 09:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Quote from: namelesskitty on June 24, 2010, 10:21:27 PM
Thanks for being nice. That's really refreshing. These are totally the best forums ever. ;D

Aye, and we do try, usually, to be different from other forums and keep up the standard. I would rather hope most people would want to participate for an interesting discussion around here, to have some fun, and not to get into a flaming war.

Meanwhile, steelfist has it spot on. From my point of view, true "old timers" recently have been Ertxiem, ender, LethalLaurie, Craig and I, of which 2 are no longer currently active- 3 came with the first wave since the beginning of old forums, the other 2 same in a second wave. The rest of the folks usually hangs out for about 3 months-6 months then dissapears into the wind. Then you have the "periodical activity" category, and there are quite a few of those. But in any case, it doesn't matter if you're a newbie or not- you have an opinion and we'll listen to it if you would like to voice it.

In any case, rank-wise, it take people usually a year to get within the 1000 post count, and then some. Hopefully, some of you will be saviours and be well regarded at the same time.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Bromtaghon

How many saviours were there on the old forums? I know ender was one and KZ and CraigStern/Mal probably were...
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

That would be ender and I. Postcount-wise, malignus didn't quite reach that upper limit (but quality sure did beat quantity there ;) ).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steelfist

I would probably be fairly close to rivalling your post count, KZ, if the forum games still counted. Still, I understand why they don't.

Bromtaghon

Very little, if anything, is contributed to the forums in the Forum Game section; thus, the posts don't count.

Cypher

I wonder how long it will take me to reach saviour, if I ever do...

Bromtaghon

You're only around 4974 posts away!
I'm back at Blue Cape.  must... get... saviour...

Steelfist

I do post in other places than the forum games, of course, just not very often. General Discussion counts toward posts, though, doesn't it?

Zackirus

Quote from: KZ on June 27, 2010, 04:48:10 PM
Quote from: namelesskitty on June 24, 2010, 10:21:27 PM
Thanks for being nice. That's really refreshing. These are totally the best forums ever. ;D

Aye, and we do try, usually, to be different from other forums and keep up the standard. I would rather hope most people would want to participate for an interesting discussion around here, to have some fun, and not to get into a flaming war.

Meanwhile, steelfist has it spot on. From my point of view, true "old timers" recently have been Ertxiem, ender, LethalLaurie, Craig and I, of which 2 are no longer currently active- 3 came with the first wave since the beginning of old forums, the other 2 same in a second wave. The rest of the folks usually hangs out for about 3 months-6 months then dissapears into the wind. Then you have the "periodical activity" category, and there are quite a few of those. But in any case, it doesn't matter if you're a newbie or not- you have an opinion and we'll listen to it if you would like to voice it.

In any case, rank-wise, it take people usually a year to get within the 1000 post count, and then some. Hopefully, some of you will be saviours and be well regarded at the same time.

Hey I've been around almost six mothns and I haven't disaperred into the wind altough as you said I might belong in the periodical activity. From my point of view at least I think that I could be up-and-running for the next "old timer". I mean plently of people know and like me so the chances are good...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Steelfist

I was a fairly active poster on the old forums, and KZ hasn't listed me as an old timer. So, while you aren't considered a newbie, it will no doubt be a while until you are considered an old timer. For that matter, it will probably take a while for me to be considered an old timer.

Meanwhile, I am attempting to stay away from the Forum Games section. I am a very active poster, and my 'post count to length of time on forums' ratio is embarrassing.

Bromtaghon

Good.  Resist the temptation, Steelfist.
I vaguely remember you, Steelfist, but I left moderately soon after you joined.

Steelfist

I vaguely remember you, too, Brom.

In other news, I have been resisting the Forum Games, and have only posted infrequently.

KZ

And I remember all of you, folks, for I have read practically every post ever made on the old and new forums (save the occaisonal games section post).

It's all relative, really- for me "old-timers" are those who joined back in the day two, three years ago.
In any case, it's good to see people trying to increase their activity in the rest of the forums, that's why the post count doesn't go up in the game section- this way post count and, through it, rank obtained is increased in value. I am thinking of suggesting removing "general discussion" from post count as well, as there are quite a few forum-game like, pointless threads on it of late.
Welcome to the forums!

Steelfist

Well, I think Craig said he didn't intend to, but which one of the topics it was on I can't remember.

MikeW781

Quote from: KZ on July 02, 2010, 05:47:33 PM
I am thinking of suggesting removing "general discussion" from post count as well, as there are quite a few forum-game like, pointless threads on it of late.
There should be a section of it where the posts don't count, but as Craig has said himself, some of them are useful threads....
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!