News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Re: Discuss sinisterdesign blog updates!

Started by CraigStern, February 09, 2010, 10:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Erm, not to spoil this thread or anything, but why not post your thoughts as comments on the posts themselves?

Zhampir

Because Mr. Craig Stern, sir, we like to voice our opinions every where we can. It's simple advertising, don't you see?  ;D

hellboy222

KZ

Well, I was about to offer an opposite argument to Zhampir: 'cause it's easier to keep the discussion in one place, and it might seem like a cheap "boost-them-up" move if biggest forum regulars/fans comment on the thread- a bit more diversity in voices will look more authentic and appealing to the audience at large (and it's partly true- quite a few of the posters on the blog are not forum users).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

Okay, fair enough. Don't stop discussing things on my account! ;)

Zhampir

Quote from: KZ on February 10, 2010, 06:51:18 PM
Well, I was about to offer an opposite argument to Zhampir: 'cause it's easier to keep the discussion in one place, and it might seem like a cheap "boost-them-up" move if biggest forum regulars/fans comment on the thread- a bit more diversity in voices will look more authentic and appealing to the audience at large (and it's partly true- quite a few of the posters on the blog are not forum users).
How can it be opposite but still have the same goal?
I was simply stating that it's good advertising, I didn't say how, and I apparently didn't need to, as you expertly described how it is advertising yourself. ^^

hellboy222

KZ always making us look a little bit tarnished compared to him  curse you KZ lol.

KZ

There is that paradox, Zhampir, but it's all very true, and that just reinforces the argument, if both sides of the coin are used towards proving the same thing. (A curiosity, but for those studying history, I am positive you'd agree. For instance, if you've done GCSE History or equivalent in school, then there is a part of the exam where you're given a statemnt, usually stating a cause and effect, and are aksed to use 8 sources and your own knowledge to either agree or disagree with the statement. A typical answer would be to say that the statement is right, but doesn't include other causes. What is of much higher interest is that usually 4 sources ostensibly back the statement, and 4 sources contradict it, but upon closer inspect, and I really love this part, when source analysis is performed, it's so easy to maniuplate them to fit both sides of the story, so that all sources are used to back up completely opposite points of view. The hilarious part is that sometimes the same quotes from one source can be used, in conjunction with other date, for the opposing arguments.)

I'm sure many, myself included, would disagree, hellboy222: there are many users here who post coherent, solid and very logical arguments which can easily stand the test of scrutiny from other users.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

This discussion is rather pointless and severely off topic. May I suggest that if you wish to discuss such discrepancies that you do so in private messages betwixt yourselves? In the mean time I believe we should discuss the latest blog updates as the subject suggests.

By the way, KZ, I think hellboy was not referring to all of the forum members but to specifically himself and I, and meant it purely in jest.

KZ

Fair point, Zhampir: topic split & locked.  Feel free to discuss the blog posts in the original thread! ;)
Welcome to the forums!