News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TPA1 Hero

Started by SmartyPants, March 02, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game has the most powerful Hero?

Telepath RPG 1 and 2
Telepath Psy Arena
Telepath Psy Arena 2
Telepath RPG: Servants of God

SmartyPants

Is the Hero of Telepath Psy Arena exceptionally powerful, since he can use three elements?  So far, he is the only human to use more than one element and the only being able to use three elements.  Is this considered canon or is TPA1 not part of the Telepath Universe?

KZ

It's an interesting question that, but the game seems to have everything in line with the rest of the Telepath Universe and you do get greatly talented people who do not partciipate in world-changing events, like the Main in TRPG2, but do their little bit on a local stage  - like the Hero of TPA1.

It's hard to judge, so far, especially as one of the strong candidates- the TSoG Hero, is still not completely finished- he may learn yet more attacks or be able to learn more than one type of elemental attack- if he does, then he'd probably be the strongest Hero, with more attacks in both defense and offence, available to him.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

I think it simply has something to do with the way the academy teaches. The Nameless One is able to teach the hero any one of the four elements, meaning he likely knows how to use them himself.

Maybe humans, at a young age, are able to learn many different types of Psy Powers, but it becomes harder for adaptability with age. (The Force any one?)

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 04, 2010, 02:45:36 PM
I think it simply has something to do with the way the academy teaches. The Nameless One is able to teach the hero any one of the four elements, meaning he likely knows how to use them himself.
Have you heard the phrase "Those Who Can't Do, Teach".  You can know how to teach something without knowing how to do something yourself. Football coaches can tell a player how to play every postion without being able to play every position themselves. 
Also, the TPA1 Hero lived in poverty, so he would be unable to pay tution into the Psy Academy.

KZ

On the coaching issue, I agree with im2smart4u here: sometimes theory is all that is needed to get someone else to be able to execute the routine well (think of the many people postulating different theories, then suggesting an outline for an experiment on how it can be done, and then other people fine-tuning the procedure and actually getting results from the said experiment).
Hence, I highly doubt that the Nameless One can actually use all 4 elements, but I am pretty sure that with the knowledge acquired from the Spriggats and the Shadowlings (Cold and Shadow), coupled with the Psy Academy knowledge of Heat and Light, he can cover the basics (and not only the basics) of all the elements, including tricky mental attacks like Vengeance as well.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

if he can use three different elements he can incinerate the other heros
mock the pheonix you will burn

Presentiment

Light Bomb is the only area attack you need.

Conversation ended.

Frosty

No, Cyro Cross is also helpful. It is the only attack that hits all around you.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

KZ

That's a rather... passionate, but unsupported argument, Presentiment: Cryo Cross is much better for those who are defensive players and have high hp Hero. Also, it's rather useless if the Hero gets cornered- then the one with Cryo Cross will get the upper hand. Moreover, forget not that Light Bomb can be learned by several of the Heroes, so even if we humour you in assuming your statement to be true, that will keep more than one Hero in the running (ie TPA2 and TSoG).  Hence, care to elaborate on the thread topic and your succinct statement?
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

My favorite is Cryo Cross, simply because I can take out so many enemies at one time and the situation in which you are surrounded appears a lot more often then the situation in which the light bomb is the best.

KZ

May I recommend this thread for the discussion of advantages and disadvantages of using different area techniques and why one might be better used than another in certain situations? ;)

Are you still supporting the idea that the one who knows how to use the most elements is the most powerful Hero?
Welcome to the forums!

torugo

cryo cross best move so far
mock the pheonix you will burn

cyso

I like cyro cross, but you have to get in really close to use it. You put yourself at risk when you move that close to enemies if you don't manage to kill them with cyro cross.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Frosty

Quote from: KZ on March 08, 2010, 03:03:24 PM
May I recommend this thread for the discussion of advantages and disadvantages of using different area techniques and why one might be better used than another in certain situations? ;)

Are you still supporting the idea that the one who knows how to use the most elements is the most powerful Hero?
Um, were you guys not listening?
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zhampir

I think the use of multiple powers simply shows adaptability not strength, the real strength is how powerful the attacks are. Since TSOG's hero can unlock moves that are much stronger than the other moves (Cryo Cross, Light Bomb, etc) I think the TSOG hero is the strongest.