News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Use mouse to walk

Started by mezzoforte, August 10, 2010, 04:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to be able to use the mouse to walk?

Yes, always
Only in battles
Only exploring (outside of the battles)
Never
Not sure

Cypher

Well, I see no need for this topic to go on...since it can't be implemented in-game (without lots of trouble).

mezzoforte

At least we have one easy thing that Ertxiem suggested:   In battle, we click on the next square to move to.  

Since all battles use the same engine, and since we already move one square at a time with keyboard input, I expect that it's easy to add mouse input.

Quote from: Cypher on August 18, 2010, 05:06:54 AM
Well, I see no need for this topic to go on...since it can't be implemented in-game (without lots of trouble).

I guess it's ultimately up to Craig to say what's easy to implement and what isn't.

Ertxiem

Cool down, mezzoforte. No need to get personal. Cypher is just giving his opinion.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Cypher

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 18, 2010, 07:30:11 PM
Cool down, mezzoforte. No need to get personal. Cypher is just giving his opinion.
Thank You.
Quote from: mezzoforte on August 18, 2010, 03:39:27 PM
At least we have one easy thing that Ertxiem suggested:   In battle, we click on the next square to move to. 

Since all battles use the same engine, and since we already move one square at a time with keyboard input, I expect that it's easy to add mouse input.

Quote from: Cypher on August 18, 2010, 05:06:54 AM

Sorry we hurt your brain.  :(  I guess it's ultimately up to Craig to say what's easy to implement and what isn't.
@Mezzoforte: That's true, but I have a good notion.

mezzoforte

Cypher, I was and am in agreement with you!  It's just that your comment was very general, and I wasn't sure if you were directing it also at the idea of being able to move in battle by clicking on the next square.  It seems to me that it is a small change from pressing one arrow key at a time.

What is your feeling/notion about that being implemented?

Ertxiem

My suggestion is that the player could use the arrow keys or the mouse (or both :) ).
Expanding on what I said before, the arrow keys work perfectly, so there isn't a real need to use the mouse for movement. It was just a suggested feature by mezzoforte with a few contributions from all of us.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

This won't be making it in to TSoG, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the Telepath game that comes after it. ;)

Ertxiem

Topic locked. Craig said it all! :)

I moved the discussion about the new TRPG to New TRPG game.
Ert, the Dead Cow.