News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What does Ertxiem stand for?

Started by KZ, August 31, 2010, 07:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Well, we've been here and done that, as I'm sure most of you will remember. Now it's time to post some theories about Ertxiem's name origins! (I guess the same rules apply and he'll kindly let us know by page 10, unless we guess beforehand?)

Let's start things off quickly:

A quick search tells me that he's the owner of "ERT online", and this is his way to do some subliminal advertising. And in order not to get caught, as he's present on virtually all the major forums, he changes his username and adds on extra prefixes, roots,etc. Obviously, here he decided to go for "xiem"!
Oh, and he's Greek, I tell ye- you can clearly see that by the fact that the said website is written in Greek and has .gr at the end of it.

Mystery solved, thank you!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Nice start. :)
But, although I know (more or less) the sound of the Greek letters, I can't understand most of what I'm saying.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Cheers!
Though now I have a better theory- you're still Greek, but!
But ERT actually stands for Earth-received time (aparently, wikipedia says that it is "a measurement used when dealing with interplanetary spacecraft"). Why? Well, because you admitted that you want to visit Europa, and knowlede of said object is not obvious to many, and you want to visit it- so either you're a rocket scientist, or work for NASA (they have no reason not to employ Greeks), or, in any case, are highly interested in space travel. Thus, this is what you desire the most and made an acronym for it!
Oh, and you like Vietnamese cuisine! Which is obvious, since "xiem" is, apparently, a food ingerdient!

Or (actually "and" would be more appropriate), you're so cunning, that you put in a lot of information into your username, not only do you like space travel, you also told us what your job is: you're an Emergency Room Technician!

Now, you've admitted that you know the "sound" of Greek letters- and you can read them, given that you can "say" them- hence you lived in Greece, but have no knolwedge of the local language because you don't care about things that are closer than Europa!

Voila: you're a technician in a hospital in Greece, and you like Vietnamese food!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Ah! Your line of thought missed one crucial point: which Greek hospital would hire me if I can't understand Greek?
Ert, the Dead Cow.

MikeW781

Many jobs don't require an understanding of the native language. In america, people often are hired for jobs without an understanding of English. I don't believe it is a problem.
Also, we have to consider that "Ert" is merely a nickname, and not the name 'he chose for himself. That fact that 'he chose Ertxiem means that is what's important, not the involuntary nickname. I'm sure 'he is pleased with the distraction from his full name.
Now then, a google of Ertxiem reveals only 'his Kongregate profile, and 'his accounts on both the new and old sinister design.net forums. 'He has been clever.
But I have found the truth. Ertxiem stands for: Eurpoean Robot Terminator Xenophobically Inoxerably Exterminating Mankind
(Xenophobic means fear of other species/foriegners)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Ertxiem

I never googled Ertxiem! I'm glad my true identity is safely hidden from Google! :P
About the acronym, I would never choose one with a semi-repetition (Terminator and Exterminating).
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

Ah, but Ert, you may work in a special hospital with a special unit for treating international citizens! You never know ;)

I still suspect that Ertxiem is just an ad for your business, thus,judging by your high quality English, you're actually from UK! Thus, you belong to ERT (Scotland) Ltd! Thus, you're Marine Environmental Consultant! That explains why in your very first posts on the forums, you started off with talking about interesting plants and such- you're highly interested in the environment!
And you name your favourite plants/fruits which in part of their name in Vietnamese is "xiem". Gotcha!
Welcome to the forums!

Ertxiem

So, you're saying that I work in a "special" hospital in a "special" unit. What are you implying? lol Well, at least I have access to the internet. :P

Actually, it seems that my first post was about the Gelf sidequest. Although I did talked about plants and spores in my second post. But, I talked about plants that live on land, not marine plants. Hence, me being a marine consultant is inconsistent with my posts.

It's weird. In my mind, my first posts were in Nov/2008 and were related to the physics behind the elemental attacks, but searching my posts the oldest ones are from Dec/2008 and aren't about the elemental attacks (those start shortly after, though)!
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

Well, you could work on VIPs who want to have a friendly face around in a very special hospital, you never know :P

Ah, you make it too easy, Ert! Thank you for refreshing my memory- your first post gave you away. Y'see, the first battle there is in a SWAMP, so you thought that Tigs are marine plants (plus, you like envirnonment in any way, and you like Gelves, so it doesn't matter too much, as long as it's environment related), and in your error, you decided to contribute and share your passion with all things aqueous! You realized your error to late to do anything about it!

Nope, your posts came later about that ;)  But hey, given that you like Feynman and Einstein, and the fact that you like scientific explanations for all things in the Telepath universe, mabye you simply incoded all the scientists you respect in your username- thus we have ERTxieM  with Richard feynMan and albert Einstein. Now we just have to figure out the rest of them and voila- that will be the orgins.   Hm, maybe you like nIEls bohr, hence the "ie" part. Now we just have to find someone special with the letter "x" and we're sorted!
Welcome to the forums!

Ertxiem

"Special" hospital. Humpf.  >:( lol It seems like in no time you'll start talking about my alleged problems with focus pills.

If I was really a Marine Environmental Consultant, how could I not know that Tigs are land plants? It would be a big knowledge failure on my account. So, it's an impossible theory. (Oh! My big ego!)

Funny, when I mentioned Einstein I also though about Bohr! So, that doesn't disprove your theory. However, I also mentioned Carl Sagan: how do you fit him in that theory? But the final blow to that theory is that I'm too polite to use a different number of letters for each Scientist. If that was true, I would have used only one letter for each and always the same position (for example, the first letter of everyone's first name).
Ert, the Dead Cow.

KZ

Ah yes, there it is, coming out, the Focus Pills- you now what they say- many a doctor is tempted to do better, and Focus Pills are such an easily solution to the problem. :P
This clearly backs my original idea of you working in a "special" (maybe VIP, and nothing else :P) hospital!

Well, you saw plants near a swamp, you were confused, too tired from taking too many focus pills, you weren't thinking clearly. Excuses are numerous! :P

Yep- I admit that I was stretching it a bit- it would make sense to have things in order and all. But who knows, maybe you felt *adventurous* and *daring*, so you mixed up the letters!!
Carl Sagan- easy, I mention specifically that in your username you went for the scientists,and he isn't one!

Ah, got a new theroy, and I really have you there- your real name is Petr Uchytil, and you gave yourself away by using both your real name, and the shortened version of your username ('cause you like it so much- Ert) in your twitter account! You are, in fact, a sexologist, some sort of ecologist (marine stuff coming up here!) and an amateur philosopher!
Now, 'cause you're Polish, you'll be familiar with Cyrillic and through them, Greek letters- that's 'cause you're a smart individual interested in expanding your horizons. Thus, you know how to pronounce Greek letters, but you have no idea what they mean!
Welcome to the forums!

Cypher

There you go playing the mentalist again... I'm sure most of what you said is wrong (no offense)...

KZ

What a condescending/dissaproving tone, yet you are completely missing the point here: I am positive that most of what I said is wrong. Purposefully so.
Like with Ert's theories in the thread about my username, I return the favour here. (And then there is the personal amusement factor as well.)

In any case, I'll let of usupring the thread for now, as I'd like to see other folks venture forth their opinions (serious or not) on what Ertxiem stands for. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

Cypher

KZ

Cheers- that's the whole point, really ;)
Would you like to venture forth a couple of ideas yourself?
Welcome to the forums!