News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Controls

Started by Zhampir, February 07, 2010, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

While the entire game can be functioned by the mouse and I other keys, I've decided to release my knowledge of the shortcut keys available.

WASD or Arrow keys - dictate direction
Shift   - changes the attack set (skills 1-4) to the other set (5-8)
    - outside of combat shift makes the character run
Space - ends the characters move, works as hitting the continue button after battle
1-8    - uses that character's specified skill. double hit the number to use it. the first time hitting the button is like hovering over the skill
          with the mouse
H       - cause the current character to Hold their action (allowing them to save their move until later in the same turn)

Q - rotate clockwise
E - rotate counterclockwise
Space Bar - end turn
Z - undo move
X - display current mover, enemy health overview
that's all I know for now, I'll update later.

KZ

Oh yes, the controls, I was pondering whether to add this or not, as the TRPG2 keyboard hotkeys are rather buggy (not the TRPG3/TSoG ones, though), but it's good to have everything for completness' sake.
Here are a few more:

Q - rotate clockwise
E - rotate counterclockwise
Space Bar - end turn
Z - undo move
X - display current mover, enemy health overview
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

whats the command for hold?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

algebra15

By pressing SHIFT, the attack display toggles between the two sets of four skills.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

Bromtaghon

Is this necessary seeing as there's a tutorial in-game?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zhampir

lol yes, because there are often hidden key commands, that are very usefull. Most of these are typically left out because it can be too confusing for new players.

KZ

Forget not that a lot of player skip the tutorials and try to learn on-the-go, or simply forget what key was told to be used. So, it's good to have this just in case for those wishing to consult the hotkeys available.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

Whilst exploring holding shift makes the hero run.

Ertxiem

Zhampir, it may be easier to find the information here if you edit your first post with the information that was posted afterwards. Can you please do it?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.