News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Golden Egg

Started by Zackirus, September 19, 2010, 05:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

The Golden Egg

Author's Notes:
[spoiler] I made this side quest from the topic Qudssi and Naj. I mentioned a magical chicken so here is he. His name is Buh'baque as suggested by Craig. This side-quest was made for fun and it doesn't really matter if it gets in or not. Now may I present: The Golden Egg [/spoiler]

Main Quest:
[spoiler] Kids these days, no respect for old people[spoiler]
If you go into the Ravinale slums you will find an old man in front of a door to a small shack.

1. Hey you sonny boy, do you think you could help an old man?
a. Sure, What is it? [Sends to 2]
b. I don't have time. [Exits Conversation]

2. Well, I lost my key to my house when I was in the Great Forest a week ago. I have too little money to get a ride there. Do you think you could get it for me?
a. Sure, why not [Sends to 3]
b. What's in it for me? [Sends to 4]
c. Can't help you sorry. [Exits Conversation]

3. Thank you, I will be in your dept forever!
a. [Exits Conversation]

4. Where's your manners sonny boy? You should help me, I'm an old man!
a. Fine, I'll help you [Sends to 3]
b. Leave me alone you cantankerous old man [Sends to 5]

5. Kids these days, no respect for old people.
a. [Exits Conversation]

Endings:

1.b, 2.b: Repeats the same dialogue as before

3.a, B2.a : Starts the quest. Gives Dialogue B if he is talked to again
B. Have you found the key yet?
a. No not yet [Sends to B.2]

B2: Well I can't wait out here forever sonny boy.
a. [Exits Conversation]

5.a.,A.c: Gives Dialogue A.
A. Well, sonny boy is back, are you ready to help this old man?
a. Sure, why not [Sends to 3]
b. What do you want again? [Sends to 2]
c. Go rot in a grave, old man [Exits Conversation]

When you go to the Great Forest, in the top right corner you can see a small key hidden behind a bush.

1.  (You see a small bronze key; it is probably the old man's)
a. (Pick it up)
b. (Leave it alone)

When you go back to the old man, a new set of dialogue options open.

1.  Sonny Boy your back, do you have the key or not?
a. Yes, here you go [Sends to 2]
b. (Lie) No I don't [Sends to 4]

2. Thank You, I don't have much money put you can have this as reward.
a. Yes please [Exits Conversation]
b. Oh no thank you, it was my pleasure [Sends to 3]

3. Oh my! I wish that all young people were like you sonny boy!
a. [Exits Conversation]

4. I might not have long to live and I don't to live the rest of it on the street corner!
a. I'll find it [Exits Conversation]

Endings:

4.a: Gives the same dialogue as before.

2.a: Gives you 500 gold

3.a: Gives +1 Personality

The screen then blacks and the old man moves to inside the house. If he is talk to again he says this. All dialogue endings lead to the repeat of the same dialogue

1. Well, if it isn't sonny boy! I am so thankful for getting me back into my house.
a. Your welcome! [Exits Conversation]
b. Is everything all right here? [Sends to 2]

2. Almost everything; except some chicken has roosted in my backyard!
a. Do you want me to get rid of it? [Sends to 3]
b. Thank for the info. [Exits Conversation]

3. It doesn't really matter to me, sonny boy.
a. [Exits Conversation] [/spoiler]

The Psy Fighter vs. The Chicken
[spoiler]
If you go outside (there is a door near the back of the house) you are in some small garden (with a fence and a small pond). Once you go to the back of the yard you can find a chicken roosting on a box.

1. (It appears to be a regular chicken, sitting in a small nest).
a. (Attack the Chicken) [Sends to 2]
b. (Scan the Chicken) [Sends to 3 if aptitude is 15 or less, Sends to 4 if aptitude 16 or more]
c. (Leave the Chicken alone) [Exits Conversation]

2. (You ruffle the chicken's feather's feathers and it squawks. It looks it is it going to peck you to death)
a. (Defend Yourself) [Exits Conversation]

3. (It seems like a normal chicken. Its thoughts are clearly indicating that it is perfectly content on staying where it is. It doesn't mind your presence)
b. (Leave the Chicken alone) [Exits Conversation]

4. (You scan the chicken and you're amazed. This chicken, while having normal chicken thoughts, has its own psy power. What is even more amazing is it suppressing it. It has also given itself a name: Buh'baque. This chicken doesn't seem like a normal chicken and you wonder whether bothering it is a good idea. You also find a huge energy source almost as great as the chicken's beneath it. You look down and notice some sort of golden egg!)  
b. (Leave the Chicken alone) [Exits Conversation]
c. (Convince Buh'baque to leave) [Only appears if you have a aptitude of 21 or more] [Sends to 5]

5. (You struggle to convince Buh'baque to leave. You implant pictures of cold-weather coming but Buh'baque still doesn't leave. You struggle even harder and implant the picture of an ice storm coming. Suddenly, Buh'baque springs up and flies away.)
a. (Exits Conversation)

Endings:

1.a, 3.b, 4.b: Gives same dialogue as before.

2.a: Sends to Battle 1.A

5.a: The screen blackens and the chicken is gone leaving the golden egg behind.

After Battle 1.A

Buh'baque is on the ground twitching and suddenly, Buh'baque gets back up and flies back to the box (Briefly showing the golden egg). Buh'baque envelops in a black light and the light dissipates. Buh'baque is now black and has black flames spouting from its wing tips. Buh'baque then starts ca-cawing (Audio) and the screen scrolls to the left of you. The screen stops at the fence and four chickens land on the fence. The screen scrolls over to the other side of the backyard, and four more chickens land on that fence. The screen scrolls back to you and you say

1.  This isn't good...
a. [Exits Conversation]

The screen then scrolls back to Buh'baque and he screams: "Buh'baque!" (A chicken call, not his name) (Audio)

This starts battle 1.B

After you finish battle 1.B, you see Buh'baque lying on the ground and he turns white again. He then gets up and flies away.

When you move over to the box you can now click the golden egg.

1. (It appears to be a golden egg, but at a closer inspection it is actually something else. You sense great power coming from it.)
a. (Pick it Up) [Sends to 2]
b. (Leave it alone) [Exits Conversation]

2. (You pick it up and feel and wonderful sensation. You feel as though your body is healthy. You look at your arms and you are astounded. The cuts and brushes from your previous battles are quickly healing and soon nothing is left.)
a. Weird (Exits Conversation)

If you go talk to the man again he says (Note this only happens once):

1. I saw what happened with you, sonny boy, and that chicken. I'm glad I didn't try to get rid of it.
a. It would have torn you apart [Sends to 2]

2. (He smiles) I might be an old man but I still have some fighting spirit in me.
a. Okay, whatever you say [Exits Conversation]

If you talk to him again after that he says:

1. Well, if it isn't sonny boy! I am so thankful for getting me back into my house.
a. Your welcome! [Exits Conversation]
b. Is everything all right here? [Sends to 2]

2. Yep thanks for asking.
a. [Exits Conversation] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Add-Ons
[spoiler] Enemies:
[spoiler]
Buh'baque (Normal Form): (He is an above average chicken, except he is holding back)
Health: 25
Speed: 4 (Flying)
Attacks: Peck (Range: 1, Damage: 6)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None

Buh'baque (Psy Form): (THE SUPER POWERED, MEGA, MAGICAL, CHICKEN!)
Health: 120
Attacks: Peck (Range: 1, Damage: 15), Egg Shot (Range: -2[Like Griffin's Backhander], Damage: 30)
Resistance: Mental
Immunity: None

Chicken: (It's a normal chicken... that wants to kill you!)
Health: 20
Attacks: Peck (Range 1, Damage: 5)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None [/spoiler]

Rewards:
[spoiler]
Gold: You know, you buy stuff with it.

+ 1 Personality: Options up new dialogue options that helps persuade people to do things your way!

Gold Orb: Regenerates 20 HP a turn! [/spoiler]
Battles:
[spoiler]
The White spriggat represents Buh'baque in the first battle, and normal chicken's in the second battle. The Dark Spriggat represents Buh'baque in the second battle.

Battle 1.A: http://postimage.org/image/27zjiiix0/ (Defeat Boss) [You Go First]

Battle 1.B: http://postimage.org/image/27zl61ves/ (Defeat all enemies) [Enemies Go First][/spoiler]

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I like it. But do you think that the 21 aptitude is a bit high?

cyso

Maybe, but the reward is very high, too. If this mission were created, it would probably appear later in the game.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Yeah. I guess if it was implemented very late in the game, i wouldn't mind.

The Holy namelesskitty

I like it it's off the wall and rewarding. :)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Duskling

The Golden Orb in this quest... just seems to... fit. :)

bugfartboy

I asked Craig about it. I havn't seen a response yet. He must be busy. Poor guy. :(

The Holy namelesskitty

wow I really hope this gets into the game, I would just love it.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Chrono

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 08, 2010, 06:11:13 PM
wow I really hope this gets into the game, I would just love it.
Agreed.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

MikeW781

i love this, and want to point out the only flaw is that the links for the created battles need to be swapped
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

Thanks for pointing that out, I just switched it.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I asked Craig abou this again and he said he's looked at it. But as to wether he likes it or not, remains a mystery. He's being pretty cryptic.

Zackirus

I just made some more edits to the story and a quick edit to one of the chicken's attack. I know Craig is being cryptic. I asked him awhile ago about whether or not he liked Traten and I haven't gotten an email back

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2010, 09:13:10 PM
I asked him awhile ago about whether or not he liked Traten and I haven't gotten an email back
My Theory:  If he liked it, then he would have said something.   He didn't reply, because he would feel bad about blatantly saying no.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 30, 2010, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2010, 09:13:10 PM
I asked him awhile ago about whether or not he liked Traten and I haven't gotten an email back
My Theory:  If he liked it, then he would have said something.   He didn't reply, because he would feel bad about blatantly saying no.

I don't think he hates the Quests, I think he just can't put these Quests in TSoG because he doesn't have time, TSoG is nearly complete, and maybe my quests aren't at the level of Quality which Craig wants to put into his game which I am perfectly fine with.

- Lord Canada