News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 15, 2010, 06:20:24 PM
Quote from: CraigStern on October 14, 2010, 06:53:39 PM
For both: game balance reasons...

Does this mean traps can or can't be added?

That doesn't really have any bearing on whether traps can be added, actually. That said, traps in battle aren't going to be a feature in TSoG.

ArtDrake

Is it a coincidence that the Hero of TSoG has the last name of François and Jean-Claude Duvalier, Haitian presidents?

(Forgive me if I've already asked this; I don't remember)

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: CraigStern on October 15, 2010, 11:45:59 PM
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on October 15, 2010, 06:20:24 PM
Quote from: CraigStern on October 14, 2010, 06:53:39 PM
For both: game balance reasons...

Does this mean traps can or can't be added?

That doesn't really have any bearing on whether traps can be added, actually. That said, traps in battle aren't going to be a feature in TSoG.

Does this imply traps outside of battle? Or maybe in TRPG4?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

ArtDrake

There are already arrow traps, spike traps, and probably others in the works for Crypt 3 (maybe not...), so we do have non-battle traps.

Zackirus

How many Crypts are their going to be?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

At least 3, probably 4. Which doesn't mean there won't necessarily be any other dungeons: they just won't be crypts. ;)

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on October 19, 2010, 06:00:58 PM
Which doesn't mean there won't necessarily be any other dungeons: they just won't be crypts. ;)
So they will be crypts, but without books hidden in them?

CraigStern

Who knows! I haven't designed any of 'em yet. :P

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on April 02, 2010, 01:03:13 AMSo far, the only one I've really done that with has been TRPG2--and it was actually quite a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the day, most likely years from now, when I can do that with TSoG and be suitably impressed with myself. ;)
So you never plan to remake TRPG2 with a TSoG game engine?

Quote from: CraigStern on June 07, 2010, 09:45:53 AM
The Cult is currently building a temple south of the Docks. Members of the Cult generally refer to themselves as followers of Yawah.
Is that the forced labor site?

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on October 19, 2010, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: CraigStern on April 02, 2010, 01:03:13 AMSo far, the only one I've really done that with has been TRPG2--and it was actually quite a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the day, most likely years from now, when I can do that with TSoG and be suitably impressed with myself. ;)
So you never plan to remake TRPG2 with a TSoG game engine?

I very well might remake it, but at this point even the TSoG engine is feeling kind of clunky to me. If it happens, it will be with a new engine that's even cooler than TSoG's.

Quote from: CraigStern on June 07, 2010, 09:45:53 AM
The Cult is currently building a temple south of the Docks. Members of the Cult generally refer to themselves as followers of Yawah.
Is that the forced labor site?
[/quote]

That's the one, yes.

bugfartboy

I have a question. Last night I had a weird dream that I was in front of my computer looking at a TRPG game. It looked similar to TSoG but different. If you were to base the new battle engine off of TSoG slightly, would the new attack/ability panel show 6 attacks/abilities per page instead of four? And would they be slighly glowing red?

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 16, 2010, 10:53:39 PM
Other questions:
Piter said his father bought him "an apartment in the capital". What is the capital Piter is referring to?
What is the human nation above the Shadowlands?
What is the human nation around the Psy Academy?
What nation is around the Great Forest?
What nation is Guy a General of?
Where is the empire mentioned in Anya's book, Histories of the Dundar Emperors?
What nation has sovereignty over the Lake Alto region?
I don't expect an answer, but the questions are worth asking.

ArtDrake

The actual docks (North: Ravinale Docks), the right side of the path into Ravinale (Southeast: Ravinale Marketplace), and the left wing of the library (West: Ravinale Library, erm.. Library of Yawah the Great and Merciful) all remain surprisingly bare of content.

Do you have any plans you're willing to tell us of for those areas? I guess probably not, but you've managed to cram very awesome game material into all other parts of the game, and while it's realistic for there to be empty spots, it's not as much so for there to be no ships at the docks... just wondering.

The Holy namelesskitty

do you ever plan on creating a TRPG app? and if so, how much, about, would it cost?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic