News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Nope. And the votes been taken. Idea dead. Moving on.

Zackirus

Ravinale Sentinel:

Health: 95
Psp: N/A
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1; Damage: 20), Hammer Stike (Range: 1-2 1-3 Across; Damage: 18)
Resistance: None
Immunity: None

Hammer Stirke:

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOROO
OOOOO

This enemy would appear much later in the game (Almost at the end) I assume it would be the "Shadowling Guardian" of Ravinale. They would use their Cult Powers (A.KA: Psy Powers) to Accelerate their Hammers an drive them into the ground, sendings a shockwave of energy. The hammer extists because you need a hammer of some sort to make weapons in the first place.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

I like it. Craig might already have some sort of guardian class for the final boss set up, but if he hasn't, this should definately be it. Im for it.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

I like it. If Craig doesn't have anything else in mind. Woot! An idea worth a Woot! Has finally arrived! Me say Yay!

Duskling

I'm thinking "Hammer Strike" shouldn't have the range of "Dark Vortex," but, if it was like this,

Hammer Strike
OOOOO
OXXXO
OOXOO
OOROO
OOOOO,

Then I'd be all for it, so a maybe for now.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 04:00:40 PMThey would use their Cult Powers (A.KA: Psy Powers) to Accelerate their Hammers an drive them into the ground, sendings a shockwave of energy. The hammer extists because you need a hammer of some sort to make weapons in the first place.
Wouldn't the shockwave be a gust of air?  I don't think that would hurt anyone.

bugfartboy

How would you explain air blast?

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 10, 2010, 07:44:51 PM
Wouldn't the shockwave be a gust of air?  I don't think that would hurt anyone.

Think about Tastidian's Shocken but the energy is focused into the head of the hammer (and not that powerful).

Also: With the range, it is less than the Shadowling Guardians, but it does do more damage. Also Ravinale Sentinel can only move 2 because its amour is heavy enough to weigh it down.

Shadowling Guardian: Damage: 16

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOSOO
OOOOO

Ravinale Sentinel: Damage: 18

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOROO
OOOOO
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

cyso

Not bad. I like the idea.
About the shockwave, am I correct in assuming it is created by the sentinel slamming his hammer into the ground? I don't know how well that would work in real life, but it looks cool. I think I like Zackirus's range of the attack better.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 10, 2010, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on November 10, 2010, 07:44:51 PM
Wouldn't the shockwave be a gust of air?  I don't think that would hurt anyone.

Think about Tastidian's Shocken but the energy is focused into the head of the hammer (and not that powerful).
The damage caused by Tastidian's Shockwave is from a massive amount of intense radiation.  The force distributing the radiation wouldn't damage anything.  It is impossible with or without psy powers for a hammer to cause damage by moving air.  Even being hit by hurricane force winds wouldn't hurt you as long the winds are not carring dangerous debris.

bugfartboy

How do you explain air blast? Doesn't it use air?

MikeW781

Fine then, how about the hammer strikes are essentially the same attack element as shockwave, but the Cult use the hammers to focus the attack (the hammers could have Psy- increasing abilities like orbs almost), because they believe it is Yawah aiding their hammer and not Psy abilities, and because it makes it look like this to other people.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 11, 2010, 07:02:01 AM
How do you explain air blast? Doesn't it use air?
An air blast also wouldn't be able to hurt anyone.  At most, it will be able to push you back and fall on your butt.  The fall might hurt you, but the air itself wouldn't.

Quote from: MikeW781 on November 11, 2010, 08:35:46 AM
Fine then, how about the hammer strikes are essentially the same attack element as shockwave, but the Cult use the hammers to focus the attack (the hammers could have Psy- increasing abilities like orbs almost), because they believe it is Yawah aiding their hammer and not Psy abilities, and because it makes it look like this to other people.
So they fuse a hammer attack with the light element?  Since the shockwave-like attack is the only thing doing damage, then what is the point of hammer?  No one has ever been seen combining elements with melee weapons, so what makes the Sentinel special?

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 11, 2010, 10:05:38 AM
Quote from: MikeW781 on November 11, 2010, 08:35:46 AM
So they fuse a hammer attack with the light element?  Since the shockwave-like attack is the only thing doing damage, then what is the point of hammer?  No one has ever been seen combining elements with melee weapons, so what makes the Sentinel special?
They use shockwave, but instead of clapping their hands like Tastidian, they swing a hammer. It allows them to believe that Yawah is aiding them, instead of realizing they are Psys. Its not a great explanation, but I think that this is a good idea, and we haven't gotten many of those recently. It would be dumb if a good idea fell through because we didn't have the imagination to explain it. Could you prehaps try to offer an alternative?

Zackirus

Yay:

Zackirus
Bugfartboy
MikeW781
Yogc Elf

Maybe:

Duskling

Also: The attack is still a physical attack or should I change it to light.

- Lord Canada