News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who is this?

Started by MikeW781, August 19, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the new character?

Dead Leader of the Black Rose
10 (50%)
Duvalier's Father
0 (0%)
Ghost Bandit
0 (0%)
Tomb Raider
0 (0%)
Fizooz
0 (0%)
Priest of Yawah
0 (0%)
Random Ghost
2 (10%)
Yawah
0 (0%)
Ghost Boss of Crypt 3
0 (0%)
Darime
0 (0%)
Rajav
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

bugfartboy

Actually it makes some sense. Think about it from a different perspective: a rich man wants someone who betrayed him dead. So, he hires someone to kill them. And then that rich man needs another person killed. So he hires the same person. And then several more people need killed so the rich man starts hiring more people. Then eventually the word that this man has been pulling off assassinations near flawlessly, the rest of the underworld starts going to him to have people killed. And thus, the Order of the Black Rose was formed.

Duskling

Quote from: Fyer on January 18, 2011, 08:53:08 PM
Actually it makes some sense. Think about it from a different perspective: a rich man wants someone who betrayed him dead. So, he hires someone to kill them. And then that rich man needs another person killed. So he hires the same person. And then several more people need killed so the rich man starts hiring more people. Then eventually the word that this man has been pulling off assassinations near flawlessly, the rest of the underworld starts going to him to have people killed. And thus, the Order of the Black Rose was formed.
But that's an employer, not the leader, big difference.

bugfartboy

I see that I failed to explain myself thoroughly again. I meant that this guy was originally only the employer. But as he started to gain more fame in the underworld, he became the leader. He doesn't perform assassinations himself, but rather he sends people to do it. Then he gives the person he sent a cut of the money that the employer is paying. Does that make it clearer?

Idozen Cair

I don't care about other reasoning for the leader of the Black Rose. What I think is silly is that people consider him holding a rose to be relevant to him being leader of the Black Rose. Couldn't it be something more reasonable - something romantic, perhaps?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Actually, I just think it's a random ghost now. And I was giving a scenario in which it could be the dead leader of the black rose.

Duskling

Quote from: Fyer on January 18, 2011, 09:09:08 PM
I see that I failed to explain myself thoroughly again. I meant that this guy was originally only the employer. But as he started to gain more fame in the underworld, he became the leader. He doesn't perform assassinations himself, but rather he sends people to do it. Then he gives the person he sent a cut of the money that the employer is paying. Does that make it clearer?
I really don't think it works that way, people don't make you their leader just because you employed them a certain number of times.

SmartyPants

*Dead Leader of the Black Rose  (He clearly doesn't look like the assassin type)
*Duvalier's Father (Alder is still alive)
*Ghost Bandit  (Looks as much a bandit as he looks like an assassin)
*Tomb Raider  (I don't think Lara Croft has died in the Telepath world)
*Fizooz  (The portrait doesnt look like a guy who would be held hostage)
*Priest of Yawah (I don't even know how someone could come to this conclussion)
*Random Ghost  (Of the terrible choices, this one is the best)
*Yawah  (He doesn't look very godly)
*Ghost Boss of Crypt 3 (He looks like he could be the poet-king Azur)
*Darime (The portrait doesn't look like someone Rahel would like or love)

Steelfist

He looks positively sleazy, doesn't he? Maybe Craig is planning to put him into a future mission or side quest, as I don't think he fits any roles that we have seen.

So he might be significant, but we just haven't seen him yet. On the other hand, he's probably just another random ghost.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on January 19, 2011, 09:37:07 AM*Random Ghost  (Of the terrible choices, this one is the best)
*Ghost Boss of Crypt 3 (He looks like he could be the poet-king Azur)
The only two choices that I see as reasonable.

bugfartboy

Yeah. I agree. Unless he's really Nelis disguised as a ghost! :o Duh Duhn Duhhhhnnnn!!!

MikeW781

I voted for Darime. I think there is no strong argument against him
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on January 19, 2011, 05:55:40 PMI voted for Darime. I think there is no strong argument against him

Do you really think Rahel would love an older, sinister looking man who carries a rose like a snobby aristocrat?

MikeW781

Its true, he doesn't look like her type. But becoming a spirit does affect ones memory greatly, so his mannerisms could have changed. And the rose could symbolize romance.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

But still... with eyes like that, I don't think Rahel would care about his mannerisms in real life, in other words, he looks a bit suggestive, or like he's trying to make a deal or sweet talk someone somehow.

bugfartboy

I think he looks like he's snarling really. Look at him. His upper lip is pulled up and his eyes seem sorta angry or really focused.