News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I was actually planning on updating it in the next week or so. It takes about 1-2 hours every time I update it, which is annoying, but I don't want to let the downloadable demo get too out-of-date.

Duskling

Great and almighty Craig,

Why am I always wrong? :D

bugfartboy

Are you going to update the forum link on Kongregate?

Xemadus Echina

Disregard that, I'm out of the loop
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

I think it was done shortly (less than 1h) after Bugfartboy's post.

Edit: I meant the update of the forum link on Kongregate.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Alright. Just thought I'd point it out, Craig.

Gath

Quote from: CraigStern on April 30, 2011, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: Gath on April 30, 2011, 02:24:42 PMOne more question though: How grind-heavy is SoG going to be? My main problem with TRPG2 was that the climax sort of got ruined, because you had to train for hours before you could beat the final battle. I've played the demo, and it has some grinding, but what about the rest of the game?

My goal with TSoG is for it to be beatable without any grinding. It might be difficult; it might require some strategy; and it might require you to rethink the order in which you approach certain tasks, but I want that to be possible. I've gone back in and adjusted enemy stats downwards several times during development specifically for that reason.

If you ever think a mission is not doable without grinding, I want to hear about it.

Nice! I just pre-ordered, so I'll go as far as I can and tell you if I have any trouble.

ArtDrake

Was the process of reducing the stats (for making the battles beatable) also to open up more styles of play? I could beat all the levels, no grinding, before, but they required a very long battle and a turtling strategy. (Fernatus was very challenging)

CraigStern

It also has that sort of salutary effect, yes, but the main goal is to avoid the necessity for fighting unnecessary battles in order to progress in the main storyline.

Xemadus Echina

As far as the story goes, killing guards for days on end isn't exactly conducive to staying hidden.  Also,that reminds me of something. Would it be possible to add a "guards killed" counter?

And another thing, why is it Quidsii always fears you after the saving the parents mission (when he isn't in your services), even if you harm nobody and tell Luca to spare them?
im writing a book!
You never know

CraigStern

[spoiler]Remember, when you recruit Qudssi before the execution mission, he doesn't realize who you are. Not until it's too late. That's a big part of why he joins.

By the time the rescue mission is over, however, you'll have gained sufficient notoriety that he'll have heard of you even if you never recruited him. And the things he'll have heard aren't necessarily true. He knows the truth about the rescue mission if he's part of the group when it goes down, but only because he's privy to these events as they unfold.[/spoiler]

Zackirus

Why doesn't Al'al give you the password to the Order of The Black Rose's Headquarters when you become an assassin for him/them?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

When you enter a secret organization, when do people ever tell you secrets right off the bat? And I'm pretty sure that he tells you exactly what to do... I think... It's been awhile since I've played it.
im writing a book!
You never know

Dean_Lukas

I'm guessing it's because there's more to that series of side-quests than what we have now. They wouldn't let someone into their secret HQ just because he did one job for them.

Also [spoiler]kudos on there being an actual consequence for not clearing things up re: Arman.[/spoiler]
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

ArtDrake

I'm having some bugs show up in my game, that don't show up in testing -- only online. Is it worth getting Firefox and Flashtrace (allows you to see Flash tracings in the browser) to find the source of the error?