News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Changing user names

Started by KZ, September 04, 2010, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 09, 2011, 06:53:30 PM
Can you guys pick a name and stick with it?  It is annoying and confusing when you guys change your names every week.
Quote from: Bugfartboy on February 09, 2011, 07:13:31 PM
Aww. Is smarty confuzzled? That's the point of this thread. To kelp the confusion to a minimum. And just FYI I returned to bugfartboy.
Don't be so rude. It is silly when you change your name so often. Its fine to change your picture and your signature, but there is honestly no reason to change your name more than once or twice. Im glad this thread is here, or I would honestly be totally lost. I have to go by post count/voice to tell at this point.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Kaseke

Well this is my first time changing my name so... I guess you have nothing ot complain about ;)
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

Cypher

MikeW781

Quote from: Kaseke on February 10, 2011, 10:29:43 AM
Well this is my first time changing my name so... I guess you have nothing ot complain about ;)
Yeah, if you feel the need to change your username once, especially for the sake of having a name you use more often, there's no issue with that.

I changed my name once, but all I did was capitalize the W so people wouldn't call me mikew.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steelfist

Yup, that's been really effective, mikew.

By the way, I prefered Fyre to bugfartboy, and Kivatti to Kaseke.

Steel Ersatz Man

I just changed it to Steel Ersatz Man because of what is happening in 'King Of The Hill' (Check it out)
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Steelfist

You mean, what was happening.

SmartyPants

I thought it was time for a change.

I liked "im2smart4u", because it was comically smug and allowed me to use numbers as words.

The new name is "SmartyPants". It isn't a drastic change from the old name, so I hope you guys get use to it quickly.  I chose SmartyPants, because I find it funny to have name that make me sound pridefully rude and/or smug.

ArtDrake

Apparently.

Oh, yeah, and my full set of changes goes:

algebra15 :: algebra17 :: Duckling :: Demon Duck :: Duckling'

Xemadus Echina

I decided that it's time for me to change my name.  My new name is an anagram of deus ex machina.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Ertxiem

Quote from: Xemadus Echina on July 03, 2011, 05:27:44 AM
I decided that it's time for me to change my name.  My new name is an anagram of deus ex machina.
Just for the record, you were Rainen, right? (Or have you borrowed his avatar?)

Why did you decided to change names (3 people in 1 day).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Xemadus Echina

Yes I used to be Rainen.  I made my avi myself so it would be interesting if somebody actually did use it. It only exists in my photobucket outside of being used in avatars.

I really don't have a reason. This thread showed up in the "Show new replies to your posts." and I figured "eh why not I'll change it." 

If you know me and you know what deus ex machina is then I'm sure you'll get a good chuckle out of my name choice though :P
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on July 03, 2011, 02:15:22 PMWhy did you decided to change names (3 people in 1 day).
I changed the name that I had for years for the first time.  I am not sure why that prompted some people to change their month old name for the fifth time.

ArtDrake

Ooh, that. I didn't like the connotations associated with "Demon Duck." It sound entirely too malignant (sorry, Malignus), and I just don't view myself as a very spiteful, angry, negative person; I'd hate for others to view me that way.

Don't you dare say anything along the lines of "too late." But my name change listed here occured several days/weeks after the change happened, because I forgot to until prompted by the listing of SmartyPants' name change. That is all.

Deagonx

Deagonx - Game Crazy Kid

As a matter of fact, I originally planned to use GCK as my username, but was so used to filling out "deagonx" on forum registry, that I typed it in by instinct.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?