News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Luca or Luca'ra'il? (Locked)

Started by SmartyPants, January 06, 2011, 09:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

After Mission 4, which personality do you perfer?

Luca
8 (32%)
Luca'ra'il
6 (24%)
I don't know what you are talking about (didn't Pre-Order)
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Deagonx

Wouldnt she turn into a Jinn if she was convinced her name was something it wasnt?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

bugfartboy

Ah! That has been discussed before. I personally think that Names focus the spirit, determining their character. Keeps their hold on things. How they view their name, is how they act. If that makes any sense.

Deagonx

I guess that makes sense. I mean, all a name really is is something your parents give you. If you see fit to not use that name what does it matter? Using my logic Rahel would most definitely become a Jinn :P
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

SmartyPants

Could/Should the "I don't know what you are talking about (didn't Pre-Order)" option be removed from the poll?

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 09, 2011, 11:06:58 PM
Quote from: Deagonx on July 09, 2011, 09:16:03 PMWouldnt she turn into a Jinn if she was convinced her name was something it wasnt?
Ah! That has been discussed before. I personally think that Names focus the spirit, determining their character. Keeps their hold on things. How they view their name, is how they act. If that makes any sense.
I think a spirit needs to a name to hold on to a sense of humanity.  Even if the name and personality of the spirit changes, the spirit won't turn into the animalist Jinn who is run by instinct.

Quote from: Idozen Cair on August 22, 2011, 01:49:22 AMNo, why should it?
Because it is a useless voting choice.  If you didn't prepay, then you shouldn't vote.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: SmartyPants on August 23, 2011, 01:49:47 AM
Quote from: bugfartboy on July 09, 2011, 11:06:58 PM
Quote from: Deagonx on July 09, 2011, 09:16:03 PMWouldnt she turn into a Jinn if she was convinced her name was something it wasnt?
I think a spirit needs to a name to hold on to a sense of humanity.  Even if the name and personality of the spirit changes, the spirit won't turn into the animalist Jinn who is run by instinct.

Quote from: Idozen Cair on August 22, 2011, 01:49:22 AMNo, why should it?
Because it is a useless voting choice.  If you didn't prepay, then you shouldn't vote.
Then why even bother changing the options? It doesn't have a negative nor positive effect on the poll.
About the Jinn thing, yes, I agree with you, Smart. It is mentioned in the game that a spirit only becomes a Jinn when she/he forgets her/his name. Since Luca only transfers from one name+personality to another, she will not become a Jinn. She still retains a name, anchoring her to a sense of humanity.
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

Well, I think it's clear that Luca is the personality or aspect of the spirit's character that is retained by your choice to let the poor mob quake in fear in peace; Luca'ra'il is the aspect brought out by a decision to unleash the fury of an angel of Yawah on the crowd.

Whether I have seen Luca'ra'il or not, I know I like Luca better.