News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Crypt 3 Riddle

Started by SmartyPants, December 23, 2010, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

[spoiler]
"The wind abhors
A door-
He smothers it
Till it can stand no more.

With a loud crash there
Is open air
Where only musty darkness
Was Before."

"The wind will blow
Right through a window-
He blasts it
To a crystal powdered snow.

With no more pane, the glass
At last is free:
And someday
I will be."[/spoiler]

J_Light_G

[spoiler]The answer is Death but once I did it and walked through it showed me the map and I couldn't do anything.[/spoiler]

Chrono

[spoiler]
Quote from: J_Light_G on February 03, 2011, 05:00:34 PM
The answer is Death but once I did it and walked through it showed me the map and I couldn't do anything.
Besides that, this belongs to the bugs thread. That, or Craig hasn't finished it yet so wait for it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

I don't understand, even knowing the answer.

Chrono

Quote from: Duckling on February 05, 2011, 11:06:53 AM
I don't understand, even knowing the answer.
[spoiler]Talk to the Librarian and ask about Azur.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

CraigStern

[spoiler]You should also ask Rahel. If you have a good enough relationship with her, she'll explain it in some detail.[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

I promise to keep this to a one-post tangency/divergence.

I've always found that the dialogue with Rahel was interesting, because there are so many ways to go about it, and some ways seem overly presumptuous, others seem crude, and some are downright stupid. The only way I can open up more conversation with Rahel is by needling her about the whole losing control thing until she loses it; it leaves me feeling terrible that I've done such a thing, but she's nicer, kinder, more open in the future, so I think that that's an okay choice, and you don't lose anything by doing it.

Zackirus

Hey Guys, guess what?

Turns out that after you complete this riddle, there is another riddle! But this time, it is in the old language so you have to figure out which symbol means what. Then you have another fun time trying to figure out what this riddle means. Enjoy. (Also: Rahel won't bail you out this time...)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dayn

I figured out the three old language translation puzzles, but they still don't help at all :(

[spoiler]it ceases to exist in darkness
you within limits
what's light is all that's last[/spoiler]

Zackirus

Actually Dayn, its:

[spoiler]"It ceases to exist in darkness"

"You, within limits"

"What's right is all that's left"

[/spoiler]

I also know the answer, so anyone who can't figure it out, I would be happy to help by giving clues.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dayn

[spoiler]Dose it mean you need to make the owl dark, something I don't know, and the right room and th eleft room are identical?[/spoiler]

Sir Bodnaruk

Hey Zackirus
I'd definitely appreciate some help if you dont mind,

Steel Ersatz Man

[spoiler]The messages I've managed to decipher are:

• It Ceases To Exist In Darkness
  • Job Within Limits
  • What's Right Is All That's Left

Also, the Only letters left (In Alphabetical Order) are: PQUYZ and possibly V because it was only used in reversal.
And, finally, no matter how you shine the light, the owl doesn't disappear.[/spoiler]

Help?
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Zackirus

Do you guys want the answer?

First of all, it's "You, Within Limits" not Job.

Second, Talk back to me is a big hint. What object allows you to talk back to you? Note: That exists in an technology free world (so no sound recorders)

Third and Finally, This is a Object, Not a feeling or an Abstract Concept. So no Love, Happiness, Death and etc.

If you still can't figure it out PM me.

- Lord Canada

Steel Ersatz Man

I got it, here it is if you REALLY want to know: (I never would have got it without Craig's help)

[spoiler]Do you really want to know?[spoiler]Once you know something, you can't unknow it[spoiler]It would probably be best if you worked it out on your own.[spoiler]Are you sure?[spoiler]Are you sure you're sure?[spoiler]Are you sure you're sure you're sure?[spoiler]Last chance...[spoiler]Reflection[/spoiler]
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!