News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Qudssi's Mental Resistance

Started by SmartyPants, September 28, 2011, 08:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

I don't really think that mental resistance is simply from being devote members of the Church of Yawah.  I do think that devote believers do share a mindset that helps protect themselves from mental attacks.

Another theory is that Qudssi's mental resistance is unrelated to the Acolytes' mental resistance.  Acolytes have mental resistance because they are trained to fight those with the Gift, while Qudssi has mental resistance for different reasons.

ArtDrake

SmartyPants

You mean the theory I just made up?
I don't see why it matters who suggested it.  I just threw it out there to encourage people to suggest more ideas.

ArtDrake

I was just wondering, because it seemed like you had expressed that theory before and that if anyone else supported it and, as such, had new reasons for doing so, I'd be highly interested.

Zackirus

I still think Wisdom is better option.

Why? Because how does a belief is something that may or may not exist give your mental resistance. If you are wise, you think a lot and are able to control your thoughts very well. In turn, your mind has strengthened and is able to deflect the false information feedback and mindblast send.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

If it was Wisdom, then wouldn't Cerzak, Dean Lukas, Tastidian, and Nelis and other wise characters have mental resistance.

Dean_Lukas

I'd argue that firm, genuine belief in something is more helpful to resistance than just being a smart guy.

And I'm speaking as someone very wise. >.>
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Zackirus

Dean_Lukas: Wisdom and Intelligence aren't the same thing, Wisdom is more self control, more "common sense"

im2smart4u: They should, however mental resistance was created in TSoG/TPA2, not TRPG2, meaning it is impossible to tell.

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

If Wisdom is the thing, Griffin, Nameless One, Librarian, Cygnus, and the Hero's father should probably have Mental Resistance.

Zackirus

I agree that Cygnus, Alder, and The Namless One should have mental resistance, however, we have not seen them in battle so we can't tell. I don't Griffin is wise enough to have mental resistance, I mean (I think) you need to be fairly wise to have mental resistance.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 13, 2011, 05:06:55 PMim2smart4u: They should, however mental resistance was created in TSoG/TPA2, not TRPG2, meaning it is impossible to tell.
The White Capes from TPA2 didn't have mental resistance.  I imagine one would have to gain alot of wisdom to become a white cape.

Dean_Lukas

Quote from: SmartyPants on October 13, 2011, 10:22:28 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on October 13, 2011, 05:06:55 PMim2smart4u: They should, however mental resistance was created in TSoG/TPA2, not TRPG2, meaning it is impossible to tell.
The White Capes from TPA2 didn't have mental resistance.  I imagine one would have to gain alot of wisdom to become a white cape.

That's pretty good proof that it's got nothing to do with wisdom, at least for me.
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Zackirus

After reading up on the enemies in TPA2, none of them had any mental resistance; so we can't be sure about white capes until their in TSoG.

Also: If it is faith that gives someone mental resistance then how come Ravinale Acolytes (The Regular Enemies), the Members of the Guard, and the Beggar (if he fought) don't have mental resistance? They believe in something don't they?

- Lord Canada

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2011, 09:26:07 PM
After reading up on the enemies in TPA2, none of them had any mental resistance; so we can't be sure about white capes until their in TSoG.

Also: If it is faith that gives someone mental resistance then how come Ravinale Acolytes (The Regular Enemies), the Members of the Guard, and the Beggar (if he fought) don't have mental resistance? They believe in something don't they?
I don't know about the Acolytes, but I do believe the Ravinale Guard doesn't really fight for Yawah, but rather they fight because D'Kah tells them to (or they'll get punished, something like that).
The beggar--perhaps his poor body state doesn't allow him to maintain mental resistance?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2011, 09:26:07 PMAfter reading up on the enemies in TPA2, none of them had any mental resistance; so we can't be sure about white capes until their in TSoG.
Or maybe no one in TPA2 has mental resistance, because no one in TPA2 has strong enough faith.

Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2011, 09:26:07 PMAlso: If it is faith that gives someone mental resistance then how come Ravinale Acolytes (The Regular Enemies), the Members of the Guard, and the Beggar (if he fought) don't have mental resistance? They believe in something don't they?
I don't think any of those guys are nearly as relgious as Qudssi or high ranking Acolytes such as Fernatus and Malekahin.  Your examples don't have enough faith for mental resistance.