News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Qudssi's Mental Resistance

Started by SmartyPants, September 28, 2011, 08:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

What about Luca'ra'il, who firmly beliefs that she is an Angel of Yaweh (Meaning She beliefs in him)?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Luca'ra'il is also a ghost.  According to TT, spirits are weak to mental attack and strong against physical attacks.  Any amount of faith isn't going to change Luca's physical composition.

Zackirus

It still doesn't make sense though; How can the belief in something that may or may not exist give mental resistance?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

If you believe in it, then it exists.

While we're at it, I might as well tell you that devout belief incurs a certain state of mind that is less open to outside influences such as an overload of information or negative thoughts.

Zackirus

I belief that the earth is flat, therefore, it is flat

I have a different idea about what gives you mental resistance now. Maybe Close Minded people have mental resistance compared to those who believe in Yaweh.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 17, 2011, 01:25:43 AMI have a different idea about what gives you mental resistance now. Maybe Close Minded people have mental resistance compared to those who believe in Yaweh.
I think you are on the right track, but Qudssi doens't seem ver closed minded to me.  He joined the Resistance to philosophia and learn.

ArtDrake

And yes, Zackirus: if you believe the world is flat, your world is flat.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 14, 2011, 09:26:07 PMAlso: If it is faith that gives someone mental resistance then how come Ravinale Acolytes (The Regular Enemies) don't have mental resistance? They believe in something don't they?
Ravinale Acolytes do have mental resistance, since they take less damage from mind blast then other units.