News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Crypt 4

Started by Chocobo_Fan, February 19, 2012, 06:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobo_Fan

I'm really lost. D:

Is there supposed to be any pattern to what you're doing? Is there a specific place I'm supposed to be heading? I've been going northwest for a while now, and I think I hit the edge when I got the black orb at 28N, but other than that I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going. I assumed north just on principle, but that led me to a dead end, so...? I'm currently trying to go all the way west, I'm not sure how successful that will be.

Is the cache of books closer to the center, and I'm wasting time by looking at the fringes?

CraigStern

I'd suggest creating a map as you go; otherwise, you're going to be wandering aimlessly for a long time.

fourinone

If you don't wish to make your own map, you may use the one I created here. Pardon the crudity; I made it from scratch as I played.
[spoiler]
small lines = spike traps
circle = spinning blade
* = flamethrower
E = entrance
R = exit
yellow = chest with x gold (in hundreds) note: I've noticed a mistake too late; one chest should have 50 fewer gold than it says
black circle = chest containing black orb
[/spoiler]

Chocobo_Fan

Ah, thank you very much, that helps. Pity, it looks like I was really close to the exit on my first excursion.

Gath

Wow. How long did the map take? I spent about an hour and a half in order to get to -14, 14 before some greater ghosts wrecked my life. I am relieved to know that it is possible to get through though.