News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ban list

Started by KZ, March 29, 2010, 09:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelloManz

Quote from: KZ on March 29, 2010, 08:22:21 PM
That is to say, he has been banned for an unlimited time period: the ban will not be lifted after "x" amount of time, and steps will be taken to insure that he will not appear again on these forums under some other name/identity, thereby disallowing him to actively participate for any long period of time on these forums (ie before his new identity is deduced and he is banned again) and, effectively, making him  a permanently banned person.
(And given that his posting style and content were exactly the same under the new username, I don't see any reason at all in foreseeable future to allow him back on the boards.)

IP or cookie bans fail.

Zhampir

I'm surprised he would even try to come back. He was obviously a low-life with nothing better to do than to get on everyone's nerves. I will speak no more of him, he is a part of the past I would very much like to forget.

CraigStern

Quote from: KZ on March 29, 2010, 08:22:21 PM
That is to say, he has been banned for an unlimited time period: the ban will not be lifted after "x" amount of time, and steps will be taken to insure that he will not appear again on these forums under some other name/identity, thereby disallowing him to actively participate for any long period of time on these forums (ie before his new identity is deduced and he is banned again) and, effectively, making him  a permanently banned person.
(And given that his posting style and content were exactly the same under the new username, I don't see any reason at all in foreseeable future to allow him back on the boards.)

Just to be clear: there is really no way to know if he has returned under a new account unless he starts antagonizing people again. But as far as I'm concerned, if he returns under a new user name and becomes a positive, productive member of the forums, then it won't matter that we can't recognize him.

KZ

That is true, but there are tell-tale signs, plus, he doesn't really make an effort to start up a new identity at the moment. As far as I am concerned, Zhampir put it well- 'tis best to move on and forget his negative impact. If he tries to build up a positive, different identity with different attitude to other forumers, then yes, it won't matter, but I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon, given how his two recent attempts went.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

hope for the best, prepare for the worst. thats my motto.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

KZ

Well, the best way to go would be to 1). notify us straight away 2). ignore any posts made by suspected user- this way he'll be banned and the antagonizing posts deleted. (This assumes, of course, that Presentiment continiues with his unplesant posts from the outset and is, thus, easy to identify.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 29, 2010, 04:31:59 PMI hope we now all can get with a new fresh start and be friendlier once more, without the need to be implicitly harsh from the outset, as I doubt that the rest of you would write provocative and unpleasant comments on puprose and argue for the sake of arguing.
I disagree.  Your mama!  :P

Zhampir

Steel Ersatz Man

What accounts were his other two attempts?
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

KZ

HelloManz was one, SpambotNR was another one, but the posts were mostly deleted, save for the ones that were not provocing negative emotions around the forums.
Welcome to the forums!

Steelfist

I never saw any of his antagontistic posts (I wasn't here to read them, and they've been deleted apparently).

KZ

All I can say is that you've been lucky- he really started it off about two weeks ago, and as you can see from prior posts, most are happy he is gone. And yep, the most unpleasant have been deleted- there is no point in having them spoil someones' mood by bad memories.
Welcome to the forums!

Steelfist

I just looked at his profile and checked some of his posts. If they weren't the worst ones, he must have been AWFUL.

Some of them were quite amusing, but only because I was laughing at him.

WeBing

I'll have to revise Colton's statement.
Stalkerism is the highest form of flattery.

fractals mmmm

MikeW781

i have to admit, he was funny sometimes, but other you could tell he just REALLY wanted to piss people off
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!