News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Adobe Air on Fresh Install

Started by GuardianOfDandelions, August 20, 2015, 09:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuardianOfDandelions

Hi, I just installed telepath tactics today. Upon attempting to play, it gives me the message telling me that the required version of Adobe Air cannot be found. I have installed the latest version directly from Adobe's site, but I still get this message. I am using Windows 7, if that means anything.

CraigStern

Hm! That's odd. My suggestion would be to try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it. Let me know if that helps!

bugfartboy

Upon updating to the latest version, I encountered this same issue.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and was given the same error message.

CraigStern

Weird! My next suggestion would be to uninstall both Telepath Tactics and AIR, and then try just running the Telepath Tactics installer.

bugfartboy

Uninstalled both AIR and Telepath Tactics, re-downloaded Telepath Tactics via Steam.  Same error message.

Redownloaded and Installed AIR.  Same error message.

GuardianOfDandelions

I can confirm similar results to bugfatboy, having done the same.

Principes

I downloaded and played the game yesterday.  When I try to play today I am getting the error message that states Adobe air is needed.  I have reinstalled both and it isn't working.  I bought the game on Steam.

CraigStern

Hm. Are you all playing the game with Steam? I wonder if it's specific to that build...

Next suggestion--try running this Microsoft utility and see if that fixes it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us (Adobe seems to think this'll work.)

user716

I am having that problem with Steam after i got the latest update the Microsoft install and uninstall thing did not work for me

CraigStern

Okay, let's try this:

1) Uninstall Telepath Tactics.
2) Download the Adobe AIR installer.
3) Make a shortcut of the Adobe AIR installer.
4) Right-click the installer, go to properties, click on the "shortcut" tab.
5) In the "Target" field, add -uninstall to the end of the existing text.
6) Run the installer; this should uninstall AIR properly.
7) Now run the original installer to install AIR.
8) Reinstall Telepath Tactics.

windgeek

HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH GAME AS STEAM CLIENT.   HAVE ALREADY TRIED REINSTALLING GAME AND ADOBE AIR. WAS PLAYING GAME FINE UNTIL 1AM.  THEN KEEP GETTING ERROR MESSAGE TODAY STATING NEED ADOBE AIR TO START GAME

user716

I found out how to fix it, you move Adobe Air (not the installer but the folder that the installer installed) and move it into your Telepath Tactics folder, accessed on Steam by clicking "browse local files" however nothing happens when i click Campaign. (i am not responsible for any problems caused by doing this)

Elvin

I'm also having problems with the latest Adobe AIR. I decided to investigate, and found a couple of possible problems. In the \Telepath Tactics\META-INF\AIR\application.xml, you reference the Adobe AIR 17 namespace, however the latest version of AIR is version 18. You also seem to have released version 1.043, but this XML references 1.042 still. I really don't want to reinstall anything more than I have to, as my internet is averaging 100 kb/s, so I'll wait on actualyl doing any problem solving steps until I hear of a solution that worked.

CraigStern

All right; I just re-built and uploaded the Windows Steam version, just in case something got messed up in that one. Try it now.

bugfartboy

Steam version now launches correctly on Windows 7 & 8.