News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

v1.042 cuts off bottom of screen making game unplayable

Started by Banjax, August 14, 2015, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjax

Hi,

First of all, I love the game and appreciate your commitment to patches.

Until v1.041 I could play the game fine with only issues that I could live with. V 1.041 introduced some extremely frustrating bugs and now v1.042 has broken the game completely for me. With v 1.042 the entire screen has been shifted downwards so that there is too much black at the top and the bottom of the game screen is completely cut off at the bottom. This is true both in-game and at the home screen of the game. In-game I can't see the UI or most of my characters and when dialogue occurs I can only see the top of each speaker's head. This issue exists regardless of if I have the game zoomed in or out.

I have attached screenshots and my log file.

Since v1.041 I also have another issue which you can see in these same screenshots. The characters that were with me on the previous mission (finding the golem parts in the fog of war level) now have their character models permanently blacked out.

Thanks for looking into this.

CraigStern

Thanks for the report! Just so I know what I'm working with, what resolution is your monitor?

Also, I'm pretty sure the character blacking-out thing is a function of save-game parsing; if you attach your save game file, I'll be able to confirm my suspicions and concoct a fix!

Banjax

Save game attached.

My monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080.

Thanks!

Banjax

Version 1.044 has not fixed this issue. The screen is still cut-off at the bottom.

Please let me know if you require anything else from this or if you are still working on fixing this issue.

Thanks.

CraigStern

Hey! I'm getting these reports from folks, but haven't pinpointed the cause just yet. I've made a change to help me gather the needed info; that'll be in the next update.