News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on April 26, 2020, 03:44:40 PM
-- improved the writing and scripting for the lift weights camp activity.

Does this mean there's chance for a sufficiently-powerful kineticist in the party to come one-up everyone with some applied tactile telekinesis? I hope that's what that means.

CraigStern

Ha! Not at the moment--but in the future, who knows? :)

Duskling

Hey Craig, are you still letting people access the True Messiah rulebook PDF for free? The links I've tried on the announcement and rules update posts appear to be borked :(

CraigStern

Oh! Sorry, that was an issue with the file getting moved on the sever. I've updated the links to it online!

Duskling

Can confirm that it works now; thanks Craig!

bugfartboy

Have you considered selling the 3d models for the titular True Messiahs, once you've sold out of physical copies of the game? It'd be fun to pull them into a Tabletop Simulator game at some point.

CraigStern

I haven't given it much thought, to be honest. It's going to be a while before the print run sells out at this rate!

Sythion

Quote from: CraigStern on April 16, 2021, 03:07:29 PM
Got the forums fixed! :D

I actually didn't recognize the site at first. What made it take so long if I can ask?
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

Quote from: Sythion on April 17, 2021, 04:58:05 AM
Quote from: CraigStern on April 16, 2021, 03:07:29 PM
Got the forums fixed! :D

I actually didn't recognize the site at first. What made it take so long if I can ask?

After we moved hosts, I literally couldn't log in to the administrator section of the forums to access the tools needed to fix the forums. Then I tried the other day and my login was magically working again. Why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

barkersburg56

In my college competition, I designed a 2D game with my friend in an exhibition. Then I realise how interesting work it is to do. After that, I was just obsessed with it. Now, I want to design 3D and 4th dimension games for more information visit namecheap. Would you like to tell me which editors I should use and how I can easily develop such games? There are many other options too that I can select but I want you to give me an answer. Wait for your reply.

CraigStern

There's pretty much only one 4th-dimensional game I know of: Miegakure, developed by Marc ten Bosch in a custom engine. I don't know of anything like a widely available editor for that sort of thing, but wrt your question about how hard it would be to develop a 4D game, the answer is extremely. Miegakure still isn't out despite being in development for about a bazillion years.

3D is a different matter--there are quite a few editors for making 3D games these days! Unity and Unreal Engine are the two most widely used, with the open-source Godot engine gradually gaining in popularity. Each engine has points in its favor; personally, I'm using Unity these days.

(P.S. I edited out the advertisement in your post. No more of that, please, or I'll have to remove your account.)

bugfartboy

Will Telepath Tactics: Liberated and/or Together in Battle be Steam Deck verified?

CraigStern

I'd love it if they were! However, I haven't been provided a Steam Deck to actually test them on, so I've been focused on getting them to be as good as possible on a regular Windows PC. Who knows what the future holds?

CraigStern

Updated answer: I still don't have a Steam Deck, but one person recently let me know that it apparently runs well on it. :)