News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What is your Elemental Affinity?

Started by SmartyPants, March 30, 2010, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is closest to the Truth? (Take the poll before reading below)

Wisdom lies in great passion
Wisdom lies in scrutinizing the mistakes of the past
Wisdom lies in bringing possibilities to light
Wisdom lies in rationality and detachment

Mailcarrier

Quote from: Barzul on March 30, 2010, 09:12:10 PM
I agree with the shadow affinity. Never a bad idea to look into the past to see how to deal with today.

Chocobo_Fan

I too chose Shadow, both in-game and because it suits me. One of the most common definitions of wisdom involve learning from past mistakes in one form or another, though I also lean towards rationality as well.

(By the way, if anyone's interested in personality traits and things, www.fighunter.com/?page=temperaments is an interesting article in that vein)

MikeW781

i agree with Shadow the most, but I think the answer for fire is a little ridiculus
while some people are like that, i doubt many of them think it makes them wise. Quite the opposite, in fact
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

torugo

i dont know why anyone would choose shadow or fire
because malis already has shadow in servants of god so it would be a waste
and the fire element is useless in most battles because most enemys have heat resistance
mock the pheonix you will burn

Duskling

In case you didn't notice, Malis doesn't have Dark Vortex.

torugo

how do we know she wont get it in the full version

MikeW781

http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=327.0
is the thread for discussing the weakness/strength of affinities. This thread is asking which you chose based on the question. Not to bash anybody for being off topic, especially as i was the one that started this conversation
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

.:Light-God:.

I'd say Light & Cold because they SOMETIMES! might make a good team. I rest my case :D.

torugo

see the light and cold affinitys are the best choices. with cold you get the cryo cross which can hit a lot of enemys. with the light you will do big damage and rarely run into anything with light resistance

.:Light-God:.

I'd be a Heat person since i like Offensive but i don't like Defensive.
Also , Light is Offdensive.
Shadow? Deffonsive.
Cold? Defence.

FlyingFinn

Well, true wisdom includes all of these, but I think that examining mistakes of the past is closest to the truth. Still, I usually take either Light or Heat(my personal favourite) affinity. I have never took Cold affinity but i could try it sometime...
Grammar! >_<

Ertxiem

Quote from: .:Light-God:. on May 08, 2010, 04:37:31 PM
I'd be a Heat person since i like Offensive but i don't like Defensive.
Also , Light is Offensive.
Shadow? Offensive.
Cold? Defence.
It's curious how different people choose the same attacks and yet play differently.
When I choose Light, I play defensively, since I take down the enemies without being hit often. On the other hand, when I choose cold, I play offensively, because I charge to the middle of the enemies and hit as many as I can. After that, vengeance is served cold. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

jojolagger

Wisdom lies in scrutinizing past mistakes.
Rationality and detachment is intelligence.
Bring possibilities to light is creativity.
Great passion would be motivation.

FlyingFinn

jojolagger is right. Should Nameless Ones question be changed someway? It would sound a bit stupid, maybe, but still...
Grammar! >_<

cyso

Like I said, all four of the categories are important. Maybe the question should be "Which of the four is most important: understanding, knowledge, creativity, or motivation?". I changed wisdom to understanding and knowledge to understanding. Personal preference, I guess.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?