News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Quote from: mikew781 on April 26, 2010, 05:28:49 PMwhat do you mean by that? Players can't select the save destination, so i can we trasfer the files?

Find your saved game files on your hard drive, copy them, and then paste them into the new folder Flash will create when you play the downloadable demo. Here is how you do it, step by step:

Step 1: Find your saved games

Games are all saved as .sol files.

To find your files in Windows, do the following:

• Start a search of your hard drive
  • Turn on the "find hidden files" option (if you have Vista, it will call this "include non-indexed, hidden, and system files")
  • Search for TelepathRPG3*.sol (just like I've written it there)
  • You should find the old saved game files; keep their folder open until we're done with Step 3

Quote from: Ertxiemin Ubuntu (a Linux distribution) the save game is located on:
user home folder/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/[letters and numbers]/www.sinisterdesign.net/TRPG3.swf
I assume that, since Mac is Unix, the location is similar to the above one.

Step 2: Start a new game and save it

• Run the new TSoG downloadable demo
  • Start a new game and save it. We'll call this the new saved game. (It doesn't matter where you save--you're only doing this so Flash will create a new folder for downloadable demo saved games)

Step 3: Bring over your old saves

• Using the same technique you used in Step 1 above, find the folder containing the new saved game's .sol fileā€“that's the new directory for your game's save files
  • Copy the old saved game files you want to use and paste them into the new folder

MikeW781

thank you very much-for both the instructions and for allowing us to keep our old saves
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Barzul

Is there anything new in the download that we would miss by using our old saves (cut scenes, new dialogue, etc.)?

CraigStern

That depends on when the last time was that you started a new game. ;)

Ertxiem

Just to add to the file location, in Ubuntu (a Linux distribution) the save game is located on:
~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/[letters and numbers]/www.sinisterdesign.net/TRPG3.swf
I assume that, since Mac is Unix, the location is similar to the above one.

~ = user home folder
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Dayn

Could you give us a list on what will be in the new demo?

CraigStern

I certainly could. But it would be easier for me to link to Twitter, where all the changes are listed already, so I'll do that. :)

https://twitter.com/sinisterdesign

torugo

craig i am having issues with trying to download the new demo for tsog is there something that i am doing wrong
mock the pheonix you will burn

Guye

He might be able to help you with just that, but in all likelihood he'd need more info. Even a good mechanic has a tough time fixing a car with just "it isn't working".

CraigStern

Hey torugo, have you been able to get the demo?

Here's a question that was submitted to me by email from a fellow named Bernard:

QuoteFirst, I must say I'm a great fan, I'll definitely buy TSoG. But to the main point: how many installments of Telepath RPG will there be?

This is a good question, and I figure the answer is worth sharing with everyone, so here it is: Beats me. Chances are, as long as I still have stories to tell set in that universe, I'll keep making Telepath games. I'm probably going to take a break and try something different for a little while after I release TSoG, though. :)

torugo

i finaly got the demo to download but it was the only time i have been able to play it. i dont know what i did but i got it to work only once.
mock the pheonix you will burn

Ertxiem

Craig, did you write (at least part of) the license agreement in your games?
I was just installing the TSoG Demo when the question just popped out. (lol I switched a "p" by an "o" when I was writing.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

CraigStern

I took it from another, big studio game, then adapted it for use with my own games. Why do you ask? :)

(Legal forms, by the way, are customarily considered fair game for copying in the legal community, if that's your concern.)

Ertxiem

I didn't read the entire license agreement. I just gave it a quick look, but it seemed to have here and there a few differences from what I usually read (but I can't really point where, apart from referring www.adr.org). So, it just crossed my mind that you might have written bits of it.
(I wasn't concerned about you using the same text as everyone else, since I notice that everyone uses more or less the same form and you have knowledge on the legal field. I was just curious if you would take the time to edit at least some bits of it.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Guye

If I were to say, murder a man in Reno (very cleanly, I might add). Would you have the legal expertise to fight for my innocence in court? If so, what would it cost to hire you? The clocks ticking Mr. Stern. Time is a factor.

On a less serious (but coincidentally related) note, I don't suppose you would mind giving out any disturbingly vague details or enticingly cryptic clues about the trial scene you recently mentioned being in the game.