News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--tweaked some of the strength values for late-game weapons.

--added weapon strength to the description for all weapons.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug that would sometimes occur when grabbing an item sack off of a bridge

CraigStern

--I've been writing Telepath Tactics campaign creation tutorials in anticipation of the game (and map editor) becoming widely available for everyone to use! So far I've posted parts 1 through 5, with more to follow:
     Part 1
     Part 2
     Part 3
     Part 4
     Part 5

--fixed a couple of annoying bugs that remained in the map editor. Redownloading and replacing the install is advised!

CraigStern

--new tutorial part completed!

Part 6

CraigStern

--the reserve supplies screen now supports multiple pages of items, in case you somehow manage to amass more than 168 unused items in your reserves

CraigStern

CraigStern

--back from PAX East! I gave out more than 1,000 business cards, got dozens and dozens of people to play the game, made new fans, talked to the press, and talked myself hoarse interacting with hundreds of people. The reaction was really positive, and will hopefully build some decent buzz / anticipation in advance of the game's release. I feel like this was a good use of my time.

Also, just for fun, here's a picture of me getting snare trapped by Courtney Jacobson, cosplaying as Sabrina Strider. :D

CraigStern

--added documentation of the BNAME[] special character, NamedBranch reply type, and name dialog attribute to the manual.

CraigStern

--added some extra tutorial text to the caravan battle assuring the player that talking to other characters is a good idea. (I saw way too many players at PAX East forego the opportunity to recruit Scarlet and Lakshmi.)

--added the ability to edit the name attribute for a dialog branch to the map editor.

CraigStern

--fixed still more inventory bugs. I really think I (maybe, hopefully) finally killed them all this time. *crosses fingers*

--fixed an ugly graphical artifact in the male spearman's upward-facing Defensive Stance animation.

--added Recruit Mentalist and Recruit Assassin to the Bases for Generals multiplayer ruleset.

CraigStern

--altered the dimensions of the dialog editing window to better accommodate the use of NamedBranch replies.

CraigStern

--did a bunch of boring paperwork itemizing my expenses from attending PAX East so I can cite them as business expenses on next year's taxes.

--compiled a spreadsheet of more than 2,000 fan emails in preparation for emailing everyone when the game is out.

--coded a new script action: ForgetAttacks. It takes one parameter: character name. This causes the named character to permanently lose all natural (i.e. not directly granted by an item) attacks that he or she has. I just have to test it out later and make sure it's working properly.

--split up the supplies screen in late-game merchant dialog to keep everything onscreen.

CraigStern

--experimenting with a new dialog trigger, OnCharLevel. The game will only check for this one when a character levels up. Two parameters: Character Name and Level. If you want this to trigger for any character, use -ANY- for the character name parameter; and if you want it to trigger at any level, use -1 for the level parameter.

In theory, this should provide a much cleaner way to implement alternative leveling schemes within the game than OnStat can provide.

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in the dialog editor (specifically, a bug in which it would freak out if it loaded a conversation with a script action whose parameters were null).

--you can now swap the positions of script actions in the dialog editor! For the longest time, it super annoyed me that you couldn't do this, but now you can. :)

CraigStern

--save slots are now in-game! I have some bugs in the save/load system to work out before I can really call them fully implemented, but things are looking good. Soon, you'll be able to have multiple campaigns in progress at a time! ;)