News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

King of the hill

Started by Mopman, February 04, 2010, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

It's fine with me, thank you very much.

bugfartboy

Alright. It would have gone whether you liked it or not anyway. I'm Steelfist's right hand man once removed, seeing as I'm Steel Ersatz Man's right hand man and he is Steelfist's right hand man.

Steel Ersatz Man

Now that I have lackeys, I'm just gonna chill out and let you do some work. But, of course, I will be keeping a close eye on you both.
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Steelfist

I, having become massively powerful, begin to create new life. In a seperate universe, of course, which is fairly free of life (I made sure of that). I will study them intensely, and maybe tweak one or two things . . .

ArtDrake

Well, since Steelfist refuses to list defenses, I ask Steelfist exactly what proportion of the Hill he possesses.

Steelfist

0%, I believe. Steel Ersatz man is the Custodian of the Hill.

Helping a race of humaniods to become sentient, I also speed up their scientific advances and make them vicious and warlike. They quickly reach and surpass modern tech. Eventually, my subtle manipulations pay off, as they finally devastate their planet in a massive war. The survivors I rescue, and meld with steel, making an abomination of flesh and steel, which I also invest with massive arcane power. I name them my Steel Knights. I send them out to destroy universes and gain power (Though they will never surpass me, and are totally loyal) and experience. On their spare time, they ravage planets.

I continue to repeat a similar cycle with other races in other universes, increasing the size of my Steel Knights.

bugfartboy

My men are, at the moment, still more powerful than yours are they not, oh mighty steelfist? For their technology is anything but modern.

Duskling

My men have also been upgraded to be far past modern status, with mere fragments of Tier 1 technology, they are almost unstoppable, however, while they are still mortal, you will be pleased to know that they are being cloned at 500% capacity, far exceeding my expectations, and now populate many planets and space stations simply because there are far too many to place on our current planets, they even populate entire sectors of space. Only 3 or 4 are required to be on Earth, seeing as how they only possess Tier 3 technology, not nearly a match for our own, but many of the Imperial Guard are stationed on Earth because they need places to be, or else we won't have enough time to build space stations to put them. They continue to patrol sectors of space to find new lifeforms to fuse into the Empire of Steel... and terminate those who don't accept.

Also, only recently did the Imperial Guard have a battle with a Tier 2 race, and in a comparison of casualties, the aliens stood at 52,430,721,194, while the Imperial Guard only lost 754.

(See Technological Achievement Tiers here)

bugfartboy

May is suggest molecular scale matter condensation? Doing so will allow your men to consume less space by essentially shrinking them. Then, when needed, it would be a simple matter to release a matter reconverter pulse to bring them back to their normal size and density. If you need the tech for it, you merely need to ask.

Duskling

But if I place them there in their shrunken form, then they regrow when danger arrives, they will end up overfilling the planet, taking up too much room to even move, so, no thanks, when there are too many on one planet, I shall only get them out of there and send them to another planet, the universe is too large to be filled up by clones, and their only disadvantage is their shorter-than-average lifetime, so it is fine.

bugfartboy

I meant a localized pulse. It would only affect a small area meaning that the planet wouldn't be over populated because you could control how many of your men were resized for battle.

Duskling

I prefer my method, but if I may have the technology to lengthen their lifespan, I will gladly accept, unless the power orb does that already. I now use orb given to me by Fyre to create almost impenetrable shields for the Imperial Guard and all of their vehicles, thus even the smallest battle force can battle an entire army of Tier 2 aliens and have a high probability rating of survival, but, should they meet a race of Tier 1 users, they will have a much lower rating, and perhaps the entire Imperial Guard will not be enough to battle Tier 0 users.

bugfartboy

Alright Duskie. Just as a warning, sustaining all of that just about takes up all of your orb's power output. Don't try anymore big things with it. I would really hate to lose you just because you exceeded your power output. If you're going to do anything big with it, give me a heads up and I'll readjust it's output to sustain what you want to do.

Duskling

Ah... then I lower the shields to 75% capacity, in exchange for a longer lifespan for the Imperial Guard, so that they may be in space longer and their expeditions may not require quite as many other Guard members. I concentrate some power from the orb to one our cloning machines, to lengthen the lifespan of our clones, and to allow our scientists to copy that technology and upgrade the rest of the machines, so as to not waste much more of the orb's power.

bugfartboy

I, being a somewhat clever digital fingerpainter, have created a banner for the Steel Empire. Does the high lord Steelfist approve?

[spoiler][/spoiler]